I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:42:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Pre-Dialysis
| | |-+  "Improved" creatnine?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Improved" creatnine?  (Read 3766 times)
lrgh

« on: March 29, 2016, 03:32:10 PM »

So after over a year in stage 4 CKD with creatnine levels in the 2's, in the past few months they went up to 3.6 and 4.2. I've been told I was in stage 5/esrf and would start dialysis fairly soon. I've written bits and pieces about this here. I had a buried catheter procedure done.

Well. My most recent creatnine level was 2.2!  My doctor said he couldn't explain it, but that the current tests had my kidney at about 25% function (previously it was under 15) and I noticed on my diagnosis I'm back to being labeled stage 4 ckd. I know kidneys don't just get better, so either I had falsely elevated readings or this one is off.....for now I prefer to be optomistic.  Has anyone else had labs mysteriously improve?  My higher creatnine levels were right after I increased my lasix, at the time the doctor said the high volume of fluid in my body might have previously  given low readings, but I am still on a lot of lasix and no longer have so much excess fluid. Any ideas?
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:53:43 PM »

I know one woman who had a fistula installed over 7 years ago since she was going to start dialysis soon, still hasn't.  My advise is not to worry about it, let your doctor worry about the lab tests. You will know when it's time to start when you begin to feel bad.  Enjoy your freedom you are ready for the worst.  Don't let the labs dominate your life,   Enjoy this time maybe it will last a long time, it happens.
Mr. B 123

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 09:43:56 PM »

I went thru the same thing, I was at 15 eGFR at one time and dropped to 8 for a while and now I am steady at about 22 eGFR.  The drop could be caused by dehydration or maybe due to medication as mine was.  Hope all goes well for you.

Honor God, work hard, and keep show'in up.
Philippians 4:4-7
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:24:03 AM »

Whatever you are doing, keep doing it as it obviously assists your kidneys in their function !
Have you changed your diet a little or your liquid in-take ? It may be a little something you have added or changed which is "inspiring" your kidneys right now...
Whilst pre-dialysis, I went through similar stages as well and sometimes it is something very small which gives the kidneys another "inspiration" to keep on going...
I wish you good luck and a very long time pre-dialysis and all the best from Kristina. :grouphug;
P.S. Whilst going through similar stages when pre-dialysis, I noticed that the kidneys don't need "big" changes to get "inspired", but every little practical assistance really helps a lot... Good luck!

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Athena

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:02:48 AM »

Sounds like you've just had a false result through lab error. This can happen. If you should have repeated lab results showing such a marked improvement - then it might be time to crack the champagne bottle open.

I do of course hope that you continue showing improvement in your kidney function!

Find Cure for CKD now! Please like my facebook page of the same name. Thank you.
Tkski

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 09:41:35 AM »

irgh, I say ANY drop in creatitine #'s is a plus. Your drops are significant. Congrats to you!  :yahoo;

Although minute, blood work is done every 2 weeks, my #'s have dropped over the past 4 weeks from 5.40 to 5.30 to 5.09 this past Monday. The way things have progressed over the past 2-3 months for me, had the #'s increased rather than declined, I would be near 6.0 right now. Calm before the storm? I pray not.
lrgh

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 02:01:53 PM »

dehydration may be a factor--for awhile i was on 80 mg lasix twice a day, since the 4.2 creatnine reading they changed the dosage to 80 1 X and 40 the other.
Thank you for all your responses!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »