I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  NEVER send your Husband to the Grocery Store!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEVER send your Husband to the Grocery Store!  (Read 3201 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: March 19, 2016, 05:25:15 PM »

You have to watch this, she spells it out why you never send your Husband to the grocery store.

Pay attention, she is right!

https://www.facebook.com/ImpressiveThings/videos/1472857919595165/
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:38:03 AM »

I saw this on Facebook and it is so very funny.

It especially tickled my funny bone, because Carl has been doing all the grocery shopping for me since my knee surgery, February 18! Of course he goes with a list, but what he brings home sometimes is enough to make me laugh!

Thanks for sharing. We all need laughter in our lives.

:rofl;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »

I always thought that sending your husband to the grocery store was as bright as sending your wife to the hardware store.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 04:59:28 PM »

Wife simply HATES me going into the Grocery Store.  By myself, or with her.  I'm always checking out the Dead Animal Flesh.   BIG packages.  She doesn't care so much for left overs. Especially AFTER the second, or third day, in a row.

I try hard to convince her of the SAVINGS when buying in quantity, the huge discount per pound on price.   She isn't impressed.

So it is much better if I go alone, as I can get it into the refrigerator without her seeing it!

I like my BIG gas grill on the front porch.  As long as it isn't raining, much.  I think she rather I sleep out there.  The dog house in the back yard is too small for me.   Should I build a bigger one?  Next to the grill?  I have one of those little bitty refrigerators out in the Barn.  I could move it. Instead of a dog house maybe just wall-in the front porch, then I could move my computer, Cycler, bed...........

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 06:17:58 PM »

I use to worry if my husband ever went to the grocery store. But ever since he started dialysis, I feel VERY VERY lucky that he does.  :)

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 08:22:47 AM »

I seriously NEED to get out of the house more.  I am getting soo soft and weak,  It just way different from how I've always been.  We did finally have a couple of very nice days.  Actually set a new record high of 82 for that date.  Then it has cooled again.  Snowed yesterday morning.  Melted off same day.  Frosty windows this morning. and will be almost the whole week.

I never used to get cold.  Now I get chilled at the least little exposure, and may take almost two days wrapped in blankets to get warm again.

I really think I must be missing some essential things in my diet.   Sunlight being one of them!  I can relate to a big ole bear.   Eat lots, get fat, curl up and sleep until the weather warms.   To bad life doesn't work like that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »