I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:51:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  PKD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PKD  (Read 2063 times)
OneForTheBirds

PKD
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:09:34 PM »

Hi I have PKD, I have chosen PD and currently going through the workout for the transplant list.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 08:20:51 AM »

Welcome to the site OneForTheBirds

:welcomesign;

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »

Welcome to IHD.  I am glad you found us and decided to join.  We have many Members on PD.  I myself started PD almost three years ago, or will be near the end of May.  I am fortunate that it is working very well.  Of course I am VERY careful with my site and most of all, during all connections and disconnects.   I did four manual exchanges for the first year as I wanted to be available constantly for the 3 dogs and 2 cats.  You know, Humans only exist to open doors for pets! 
after losing the two older dags to age related  health problems, I switched to the cycler.   I seems like a whole new world having my whole day free from the interuptions every four hours, stopping whatever I was doing, making sure I ws near enough to get home, clean, and do my exchange.   Now I just set up my machine, connect, sit and work on this laptop for a while, and go to bed.   Get up in the morning and disconnect.   No Problem at all.

Have you already began exchanges or in the process of getting your cat and training?

It really is not that difficult, just pay attention and know that you CAN do this in a safe manner, and all should go well.

Visit often, post any and all qustions that you may not be clear understanding.  And in the 'Off-Topic' forum you can ramble on about anything you please that is NOT dialysis related.

Again, Welcome to our Forums!

Take Care,

Charlie B53  One of the Moderators
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »