I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Oil Paintings by yours truly:
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oil Paintings by yours truly:  (Read 3366 times)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« on: February 29, 2016, 10:43:11 AM »

Well now, I actually do more activity, then just rooting around reading and posting here.
Did way back in time do a few oil paintings, that I was 'recently talked' into posting.
See them here:

https://www.facebook.com/AlohaTalker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 11:25:41 AM »

Hello,
Many thanks for sharing your talent with us... Have you thought of having some exhibitions?
Where and how do you get inspired ? Are you living in this wonderful environment you are painting ? ...
Best wishes to you and thanks again for sharing,
Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 01:32:53 PM »

Hello,
Many thanks for sharing your talent with us... Have you thought of having some exhibitions?
Where and how do you get inspired ? Are you living in this wonderful environment you are painting ? ...
Kristina.
Thank you Kristina, for the thanks and the questions.
Did not give thought to any 'exhibitions. The oil paintings were to quell some inner urges, that begged expression.
Same with the poem like writes I did.

Actually much of my life's journey was in the validating of what I had come to read in certain books. This was long before computers became the item that they currently are. Curiosity! Validating!
Yes, those were my 'motivating' factors at the time.
Trial and error with life's curve balls. Many were the strike outs.
Secret of the Ages, and what is called The Holy Bible, were books that seriously impacted my dull life's existence. Did not realize at that time but these books were actually the start of any type of 'inspiration'.

It was a struggle, learning to see beauty in how life was being presented.
Yes, and the death of loved ones.
I've felt the glory of sunrises, sunsets.
Beauty in roses and flowers.
The flight of  honey bees.
The wonders of making snow angels.
Listening to crickets, frogs and cicadas.
The extreme beauty of watching the aurora borealis.
The delicate aroma of new mown hay fields.
The extreme poverty in Mexico, and numerous cities in the USA.
Yes, I'm a Chicagoan that is blessed in many ways, but was never "born with a silver spoon in my mouth". 

Oh my, looks like I'm in Talker mode again.

(from my two blog posts)
-------------------------
(from my four blog posts)                   

Many experiences and studies have tucked away into this one ‘known’ as Talker. While the book Secret of The Ages’ by Collier, was, so long ago, my first shaky step out of the square box of inherited beliefs, there were numerous other books that were part of my ventures.
-----------------------------
I’m lucky I managed to learn how to even, read and write. Doctors , scientists , and theologians argue with each other on who is right and who is wrong and why. Me, why I just sit back and focus on what they argue about. Saves me a lot of time in research hours.
-------------------------------
We are Spirit, Soul and Body, what happens to one part will affect the others.
Part of being truly creative is learning to love and accept people for what they are, seeing beauty and perfection in imperfection.
In this spirit, love can truly blossom. And nothing is more creative than that.’

Long story short, one needs to channel sexual energy from where it is, to where it isn’t at the moment, into some other outlet by transmuting it by some process!
---------------------------------
The ‘grok’ feeling has struck viewing sunrises, sunsets, flowers and animals. OK, so maybe I am ‘off my rocker’.

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/452/51-talkers-psychic-learning-curve-1/

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/14/12-are-you-in-perfect-health/

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/675/power-creative-sexual-energies/

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/390/44-talker-on-grokking/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:09:01 PM by talker » Logged

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 06:46:23 AM »

While I am NOT an artist, as evidenced very long ago in my attempts at color by numbers, (Failed),  I have an appreciation for those that have the vision combined with the dexterity and fine motor control to master making lines and color and create pleasing representations.

Congratulations Talker, you do well.
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 08:41:29 AM »

While I am NOT an artist, as evidenced very long ago in my attempts at color by numbers, (Failed),  I have an appreciation for those that have the vision combined with the dexterity and fine motor control to master making lines and color and create pleasing representations.

Congratulations Talker, you do well.
Thank you Charlie B53 .
At one point of time, that, which you describe so well, is where I was.
Won't say it was 'all total' fun,  yet in a sadistic fashion, subjecting myself to life's brutal at times 'learning curve, was very satisfying, regards 'outcomes'.

Be Well

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 10:39:32 AM »

Hello,
Kristina.
Thank you Kristina, for the thanks and the questions.
Did not give thought to any 'exhibitions. The oil paintings were to quell some inner urges, that begged expression.
Same with the poem like writes I did.

Actually much of my life's journey was in the validating of what I had come to read in certain books. This was long before computers became the item that they currently are. Curiosity! Validating!
Yes, those were my 'motivating' factors at the time.
Trial and error with life's curve balls. Many were the strike outs.
Secret of the Ages, and what is called The Holy Bible, were books that seriously impacted my dull life's existence. Did not realize at that time but these books were actually the start of any type of 'inspiration'.

It was a struggle, learning to see beauty in how life was being presented.
Yes, and the death of loved ones.
I've felt the glory of sunrises, sunsets.
Beauty in roses and flowers.
The flight of  honey bees.
The wonders of making snow angels.
Listening to crickets, frogs and cicadas.
The extreme beauty of watching the aurora borealis.
The delicate aroma of new mown hay fields.
The extreme poverty in Mexico, and numerous cities in the USA.
Yes, I'm a Chicagoan that is blessed in many ways, but was never "born with a silver spoon in my mouth". 

Oh my, looks like I'm in Talker mode again.

(from my two blog posts)
-------------------------
(from my four blog posts)                   

Many experiences and studies have tucked away into this one ‘known’ as Talker. While the book Secret of The Ages’ by Collier, was, so long ago, my first shaky step out of the square box of inherited beliefs, there were numerous other books that were part of my ventures.
-----------------------------
I’m lucky I managed to learn how to even, read and write. Doctors , scientists , and theologians argue with each other on who is right and who is wrong and why. Me, why I just sit back and focus on what they argue about. Saves me a lot of time in research hours.
-------------------------------
We are Spirit, Soul and Body, what happens to one part will affect the others.
Part of being truly creative is learning to love and accept people for what they are, seeing beauty and perfection in imperfection.
In this spirit, love can truly blossom. And nothing is more creative than that.’

Long story short, one needs to channel sexual energy from where it is, to where it isn’t at the moment, into some other outlet by transmuting it by some process!
---------------------------------
The ‘grok’ feeling has struck viewing sunrises, sunsets, flowers and animals. OK, so maybe I am ‘off my rocker’.

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/452/51-talkers-psychic-learning-curve-1/

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/14/12-are-you-in-perfect-health/

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/675/power-creative-sexual-energies/

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/390/44-talker-on-grokking/

Thanks again for your interesting thoughts, talker,
... You certainly have an artistic way about you and your writing comes over as well thought through as well ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »