I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:32:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Graft Clotted
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graft Clotted  (Read 5785 times)
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 01:10:11 PM »

I spent five days in ICU with a TPI drip
Did you mean TPA?  If it is "TPI", what was the full name?

Congrats on saving the leg.  Beats having to hop to dialysis.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 10:06:50 AM »

It was  one or the other.  My memory could be faulty.  They were pushing a LOT of morphine in me, and it didn't work very well.

I sweated a LOT.  They wouldn't let me eat or drink anything as always had to be ready to go back on the table.  They must of been worried that the meds used during the procedures would make me sick.  So I was getting pretty dried  out.   On the second day the Nurse said  they wanted a urine sample.  This was a few years before Dialysis, but I was so dry there was no way.  Nurse told me I had 15 minutes to produce or she would use a cath.  But she did finally let me have two of those little cup things of apple juice..   She wasn't happy when I managed to roll onto my side, but I did make barely enough sample.

Done remember much else of those few days.  Well, somehow I managed to pull out one of the IV's, made quite a mess of the bed and the floor.  I still don't know why I had had to have IV's in both arms.  Especially when they had that huge on going in my leg.

I was a mess.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »