I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:33:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  TRIBUTES FOR MEMBERS LOST
| |-+  Rememberance For Past Members
| | |-+  Tribute to Walter C. Stone- Del's Husband
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tribute to Walter C. Stone- Del's Husband  (Read 12178 times)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 02:52:09 PM »

Del was my Secret Santa, and I have only just read this.  I am so very sorry to read this.  another one of our Warriors loses their battle.  I am so sad,

Thanks

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
del
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 03:03:55 PM »

I am coping.  I am getting ready to leave with my brother and his wife when they leave (in my own car of course).  I am going to visit family for a while but will still be on here when I can. I am going to take a long time to make some major decisions. The doctor told us she suspected endocardititis.  They also suspect that his aorta dissected and that can be caused from endocardititis.  We will never know for sure because I said no to an autopsy. 

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 06:51:03 PM »

Take care of yourself, del.   :cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 11:48:58 PM »

Dear Del, so sorry to hear of this. Having been widowed once, I understand how you must be feeling. Please take care of yourself and maybe you can plan to come to the next IHD meetup. Too early to say tho.
Love and Hugs and Prayers to you. Cry when you need to. Don't be brave.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
del
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 06:51:08 PM »

I have been thinking of doing some traveling but the IHD meetup never crossed my mind but it is an excellent idea!!!!

justagirl2325

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 07:54:36 PM »

I wanted to say I was sorry for you too, I just couldn't write it the other day watching my husband go through what he did, I am sorry.
del
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 01:58:57 PM »

It has been 3 1/2 months since Walt died.  My whole life turned upside down and inside out and any other way it could go.  It hasn't been easy but I have been coping.  I have moved to an apartment closer to my family and have reconnected with some old friends that I grew up with.  I have been spending a lot of time visiting people.  I have joined 2 sewing groups and a rug hooking group to try to keep busy.   The house myself and Walt shared is no longer a home to me and I have put it on the market.  I am in the process now of going back and cleaning it out.  That is NOT going to be easy.  I have gotten a passport and plan to do some traveling.  My first trip will probably be to Vancouver.  I am thinking about attending the IHD reunion in the fall and am going to visit Willowtreewren next spring.  Maybe a trip somewhere south next winter as well.  Life will never be the same but I have no choice but to get used to the new normal.  As of yet the new normal sucks though!!

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »

It will never get any easier, no matter what you will always have those moments, reminders, and the hurt will seem so fresh all over again.  Expect that, it is perfectly normal.  Especially after spending so much of your life together.   Trust that he knows your pain, understands and wishes he could reach out and comfort you as well.

Live on in his memory.  Cherish the time that you had,   Share what time you have left in living to honor those memories.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »

:grouphug;

:cuddle;

Lots of love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 01:29:05 AM »

It has been 3 1/2 months since Walt died.  My whole life turned upside down and inside out and any other way it could go.  It hasn't been easy but I have been coping.  I have moved to an apartment closer to my family and have reconnected with some old friends that I grew up with.  I have been spending a lot of time visiting people.  I have joined 2 sewing groups and a rug hooking group to try to keep busy.   The house myself and Walt shared is no longer a home to me and I have put it on the market.  I am in the process now of going back and cleaning it out.  That is NOT going to be easy.  I have gotten a passport and plan to do some traveling.  My first trip will probably be to Vancouver.  I am thinking about attending the IHD reunion in the fall and am going to visit Willowtreewren next spring.  Maybe a trip somewhere south next winter as well.  Life will never be the same but I have no choice but to get used to the new normal.  As of yet the new normal sucks though!!
Seems you are going about things in a very healthy and positive way. Hope you enjoy your travels. Lots to do and see in Vancouver in Gastown (old spaghetti factory). In fact, that whole area of Canada and the Northwest is chock full of beauty and fun. Enjoy! As for cleaning out the house, don't be afraid to speak up to friends and family to ask for help. Three years passed by and my husband still had not dealt with his first wife's things (she died from an inoperable cancerous brain tumor). He was new in town so didn't really have many friends. By the time I came into the picture, three years had passed and he still had not been able to deal with her things at the house. He hadn't touched a thing...not her stuff nor anything in the house. Was in pretty bad shape, very gloomy, as if time had stood still. Oh, he needed help! So I finally spoke up and offered. We arranged for a week that I'd go to the house without him there and clean and press all her clothing and separate all her personal things (pictures, jewelry, paintings, shoes, purses, etc...). Then I laid it all out on a bed for him to decide which things he'd want to keep and which to donate. Anything he kept we put in a big wooden chest she had, sort of like a "hope chest" to set aside for her 2 sons from a previous marriage. We donated her clothes to an orphanage that raises funds through their own store. He said she would have wanted that. So that he wouldn't have to see or deal with it, I got rid of all the personal ratty t-shirts and underwear, etc, etc, clothes too old/used to donate. After that we worked on cleaning up the house and did some painting, bringing in a little sun and life to it. We chose bright cheerful colors. It was a little sad because I could see the pain on his face but he truly needed a friend to help him get through this part of things. He said he hadn't no one to talk to about it until I came along. So while we were getting to know each other, we also talked about the life he had with his first wife. It helped him to open up like that but it also helped me to learn what sort of man he is. Anyways, we enjoyed our talks so I had no problem with helping him with her things at the house. Felt right. I had never met her but by then I somehow felt I knew her. I felt it an honor to tend to her things, somehow I felt she would have approved. Hope you have someone you can speak up to, I'm sure they'd like to help. Don't go it alone if you don't have to. Keep us posted of your travels, maybe send some pics! Now go enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
del
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 07:01:29 PM »

Well, yesterday was 5 months since my world turned upside down.   :(  I do feel like it is starting to turn around just a bit.  Besides my trip to BC, I have made plans to attend the IHD reunion in Vegas and I am going to a 5 star all inclusive resort in Panama with a group of friends for Christmas and New Years.  Life is very different, but I have no choice but to move forward .  There will be a lot of bumps in the road and sad times but I will get through them.  I have great friends and family who have helped me a lot.  Last week I went back to my house and cleaned things out.  Some stuff went to the garbage and I had a yard sale with the rest.  My sister went with me to help and a couple of friends helped a lot too.  Doing that seemed to bring some closure to me.  I know I am going to be alone for awhile but I hate living alone.  At this point I am not even close to being ready for another relationship.  Hopefully, at some point I will be ready.  I am spending time with family and friends.  I am keeping myself busy and that helps a whole lot. 

Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2016, 07:42:00 PM »

:cuddle;
Love to you, del.

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
del
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 06:04:32 PM »

Well, it has been 9 months and I am still devastated but I am doing okay.most days I am fine but the grief comes over me in waves.  Those waves are getting further apart and not as strong though.  My house has still not sold but it is rented.   I am still planning trips.  My self and a retired girlfriend are going on a Caribbean cruise in Feb and we are planning to go to NYC when the musical Come From Away is playing sometime in 2017.  The show is based on 9/11 and the roll Gander, NL PLAYED in it.  Life is good and we need to live each day to the fullest

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »