I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:13:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  he First Vegan Butcher Shop In The U.S. Is Opening In Minneapolis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: he First Vegan Butcher Shop In The U.S. Is Opening In Minneapolis  (Read 2824 times)
hatedialysis2

« on: January 26, 2016, 12:43:04 PM »

I,m not a fan of alternative meat options as they are denatured, and tend to be high in sodium and other preservatives.    Just thought it was creative though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vegan-butcher-herbivorous-butcher_us_56964f98e4b086bc1cd5f07b
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 08:50:17 AM »

Nowhere near close enough for me to try.  I would be very curious to taste some of their 'meats' I'm afraid the prices and shipping are out of my range.

I do expect a great future for their shop.  Maybe someday they or others will branch out and be far more available to many more of us.

Also curious as to the phos,  potassium and protein content of these 'meats. This could be a much healthier option.
Fabkiwi06

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »

Nutrition wise, it looks pretty ok. I think it would depend on your personal situation. http://www.theherbivorousbutcher.com/pages/nutritional-information

Protein seems to be about 12-17g per serving. Sodium is not bad considering they're replicating sausages and smoked meats - most are 200-400mg and the higher ones tend to be the flavored products. Doesn't look like they add potassium or phosphorus preservatives to most of their products - so any amount of those would come from the wheat and beans they use as their bulk.

I hope it goes well for them... it looks like a product that could take off in a lot of different circles.

surprise kidney failure - oct. 2015
emergency hemo - oct. 2015
switched to pd - dec. 2015
transplant list - apr. 2016
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »