I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:58:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1955 times)
Stephaniebohan

Let's Be Friends

« on: December 08, 2015, 10:26:14 PM »

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I'm 16 years old about to turn 17 tomorrow. Currently on on PERITONEAL DIALYSIS. I've been on dialysis for about six months and I really hate it. I was born with Nephronophthisis but my parents and I didn't realize that I had it until it was too late. I found out stage 4 CKD around the age of 15 and thing went down from there. I current don't qualify for transplant because about 3 months ago the found out I had Tuberculosis  :oops; . But things seem to get better.  CKD and Dialysis has affect my life in alot of ways but I'm not angry about anymore because it has shaped me into a mature teenager. I hope to get to know your story. Let's chat and be friends!

Thanks For all the warm welcomes!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:08:05 AM by Stephaniebohan » Logged
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 01:27:14 AM »

Hello Stephanie, and may I extend a warm  :welcomesign; to IHD....

Sorry to hear of your troubles....

My mum was on PD for years, so I 'get it'...

Visit and post often... We're a warm and welcoming bunch... And there's always someone who'll 'know where you're coming from'....

God bless, and welcome aboard....

Darth... Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
stayingalive

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 04:01:59 AM »

welcome Stephanie!!  Although I am quite a bit older I too am on peritoneal dialysis.  I started in June of 2014 so I am kinda a newbie too. 
You'll find this to be a really cool site.  Many have or are traveling the road we are on and often offer encouragement and support.

Stop by anytime for anything ...they are also good at lending support for other things besides dialysis issues.

Sorry you got invited to our group at such a young age but with a positive attitude that I think you will be just fine. 

God bless you on your journey!!

SMILE!!  CAPD since June 2014
Polysystic kidney disease
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 04:31:44 AM »

Welcome to the site Stephanie :welcomesign;

As most have said I also am a bit older than you but in many cases age does not matter with many of the issues we deal with.

However I am a newbie to dialysis have started only 8 months ago. Post often, questions, concerns, thoughts, whatever. You will find you make new friends here pretty easy. Use private messages if you prefer that.

Sorry you had to join us so soon on your journey but you will find information and comfort here.

Good Luck!!!

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:44:03 AM »

Welcome, here you will find a wealth of information.  Most of us are older but experiencing the same healthcare technology.  If your looking to chat with someone closer to your age check out this introduction post made recently by Tyler a 19 year old male:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=32828.0

One great thing about this forum is you will see people post who have been on dialysis for years, say 27 plus years!  So disregard all those dire stats on longevity on dialysis (I think the 85 year olds that start dialysis kill the averages) and focus on being healthy and happy.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:46:10 AM by iolaire » Logged

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 06:02:30 AM »

Hi and  :welcomesign; to IHD!!!  There is a wealth of info on here!!  A lot of people may be older but they still have a lot of the same issues dealing with dialysis.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »