I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Join me on an Adventure? The last frontier: Antartica
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Join me on an Adventure? The last frontier: Antartica  (Read 3101 times)
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« on: December 08, 2015, 02:06:25 PM »

It's going to be expensive. I'm assuming I'll need a month or more off work. The logistics will make the Grand canyon look like a day trip. There is an inherent risk. All that said, I have the opportunity so I'm going to aim to go January 2017. It will be safer if there are more than one machine on the 20 or so day part of the trip at sea, after all we can use each others NxStage cycler so we could back each other up. If you're interested let's talk.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 02:24:03 PM »

That's a great opportunity to promote.  I travel a ton with my wife and do in center treatments and work so its not for me, but hopefully you will find some people to join you. 

Will you be on a boat every night or does it include some sort of overland component...

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »

Bill - Your balls are bigger than your head.   Congratulations, sounds like your next step will be space tourism.  "NxStage Customer Suport, Bill here.   Do I need to change any settings on the cycler to use it in a zero-G environment?"

Please tell us about the plans -  Have you managed to book accommodations at McMurdo?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:37:09 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »