I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  3d times a charm? NOT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3d times a charm? NOT  (Read 2533 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: November 13, 2015, 04:49:55 PM »

It's often said that the 3d time is a charm.  I don't think so.

I get up, disconnect and am in the kitchen making my coffee when the Wife starts screaming.  She stepped in a wetness in the bedroom carpet.

My name today is along the lines of 'Mud'.  The actual name she used can't be posted here.

Give me a break, it's ONLY the 3d time in a year and a half on the cycler that I had forgotten to empty my drain bucket.

I am a dedicated creature of habit, everything MUST be done in order, or it may not get done at all.

And it is actually HER fault, (but she will never admit to it) She interrupted my morning routine, taking way too long in the bathroom getting ready to go to work at school.

So if she wouldn't have spent soo much time in there, and been out of my way when I was taking down the machine, I certainly WOULD HAVE emptied the bucket.

So you know who spent the better part of the morning with the wet-vac and the carpet shampooer, for the THIRD time in 18 months.

I may have to do the rest of the bedroom one day soon as that clean area is noticeably better looking than the rest.

I just changed the bulbs to a little lower wattage and hope she won't notice.  Hopefully now she won't be yelling at me to clean the rest.

The carpet shampoo with the pet odor additive does leave a pleasant smell for a while.  I better get some more.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 07:42:22 PM »

:rofl;

Mmm well, maybe do clean that whole bedroom floor   :angel;       Or change the flooring into vinyl or laminate (I was surprised to find it only being affected for a few weeks)

Good luck, and love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:51:26 PM »

Maybe stripping up the carpet and painting out the concrete might help with coping with water accidents.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:44:59 AM »

No concrete, unless I move to the basement.

Carpet was new, other Half wanted it changed when wee bought this place.  Surprised that it's been 20 years already.  Time flies,  I walk, and not very much.

I've been hinting to Her,  Naggin more like it, that carpeting in general sucks, rocks, and dirt, and traps it between the fibers, settling down deep and actually filling the pores of the underlaying pad until it is so full that there is no more 'spring' or sponginess' to it.

First thing many allergy Dr's recommend it to remove all carpeting so you can use a Swiffer type floor cleaner.  Wet dirt/dust can't fly.

My nose stays 'drippy' most of the year.  The most relief I get is in the rainy seasons, the air gets 'cleaned' and far fewer allergens floating around to breathe in.

My CPAP filtering my air all night is a very good thing.  My sinus' finally dry out.  Unfortunately I have to get up every morning and it starts all over again.
stayingalive

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 10:56:41 AM »

Just have the wife empty the bucket for you every day POOF problem solved!!....You forgetful old coot :rofl;  In case you tell her that, which hospital will you be going to so I can send a card?? ;D

SMILE!!  CAPD since June 2014
Polysystic kidney disease
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »

We had to pull the carpet when my husband had his amputation and needed a wheelchair.  It cut down on allergies for sure, but the dust goes on forever in this house!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »

I pulled my carpet when the PureFlow blue line spring a pinhole leak (from the blue line running up against the blue line jumper on the back of the pureflow) that over hours soaked a large area of carpet.  With a mesh style rubber padding, it would never get dry down to the hardwood.     It's much easier to clean up the occasional blood drop now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »