I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:23:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Social Work Dreams and an ADD Rabbit Trail!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Social Work Dreams and an ADD Rabbit Trail!  (Read 1697 times)
smartcookie

LMSW

« on: November 13, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »

I have started having recurring dreams that my kidneys have failed and I am on dialysis.  I am with my patients and my clinic manager is wanting me to keep doing my job while I am on the machine.  So I work all night and then wake up and really come to work!  At least I am not on dialysis during the day... 

I have no idea how all of you do it.  I watch my patients struggle and hurt and throw up.  I can't imagine being tied to a chair for that long and having my blood pressure drop or having an accident in front of the whole clinic.  I look up to y'all and even though dialysis is a great life saving tool, it really does suck. 

My patients constantly amaze me. I am young (29) and recently had my second back surgery in February.  My patients would stop me and tell me they were praying for me.  They would ask how my treatments were going (I have had about 16 spinal injections of various kinds), and tell me to call them if I needed them to help me with something.  I really do think that renal patients are the best.  I am hoping technology will soon put me out of a job and a better treatment or even a cure will come available. 

I love this community and what I have learned from all of you.  This has turned into a weird winding rabbit trail, but I have felt compelled to say this for a while.  I spend a lot of time looking back at old posts and reading your stories.  Thank you all for helping me understand myself and patients better.  You are all fighters and amazing people!

EDITED: Moved to introduction topics- kitkatz, Admin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:35:43 PM by kitkatz » Logged

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »