I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:05:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Happy Thoughts and random goodness
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy Thoughts and random goodness  (Read 3618 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« on: November 09, 2015, 05:49:06 AM »

There arent many 'good day' posts, especially from me, so I thought, since this time of year I almost always get kind of down Id post a few of my happy thoughts. Everyone, post some good thoughts, and funny pictures! Lets have a good one!

I feel relatively happy right now. Considering the roller coaster ride this year has been, I am pretty happy about that fact. I have my moments still, when something brings my attention to the hell that was 2015, but knowing its nearly over and a fresh new year will begin makes me smile.

I think I shall deem 2016 the year of ME. The past few years I have dedicated time and energy to a people that probably didnt deserve even the tiniest bit of it and that are no longer in my life. So, I am glad to put that energy into me for once. I must admit, I have never really been keen on the idea of 'treating' myself, in any way. But, i think its overdue. I will NOT start a relationship, or meet new people, or do things i do not want to do. (thats a tough one, saying 'no' has never been my strong suit.)

I am almost done paying of my ex husbands debt he so kindly left me with. (a giant 3d tv I never wanted, and begged him not to get, because he didnt work- promised hed find work and pay the darn thing, then left, after id already invested about half the cost. I couldnt bare to eat that...so now im stuck with a giant tv that cost way more than its worth) So I am so glad that cost will be gone. And the silver lining to this is, I shall pretend I am still paying that, and save it, then maybe I will actually make it to vegas or wherever this year!

I am nearly done christmas shopping. I am very excited. My son wanted a free standing punching bag. (and in case you dont know, they are ridiculously expensive.. the cheapest ive found was $150!) I happened to stop into a Good Will store (thrift store) to see if I could find some winter clothes for my son, who is growing like a darn weed. I happened upon a free standing heavy bag! I couldnt believe it! $30!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it doesnt look used at all! and also found some great shirts for him too!
He is obsessed with all things asian, I also came across an asian teaset. which was on his list. $3 (normally around $20+!!) And he wanted some 'ninja swords and throwing stars' he wanted REAL ones, but hes only 11, so no. but I tell ya, those after halloween sales, 90% off, I found a sword set, with 2 swords, holster, and 2 sai's, a neat retractable throwing star and a pack of throwing stars. Needless to say, I have marked all but two things off his list. (a kung fu uniform and a kimono) and it at most has cost me less than $50. I am pretty damn happy to make my son's xmas this year. everyone else i typically dont buy for, I make cards and personalized ornaments out of sculpy, or paint something neat. so thats all i have left to do. (im still hoping to find that uniform in my price range... so far cheapest ive seen it was $25 plus shipping... which isnt horrible but hes growing way to fast to put down that kind of money!)

I have learned so much this year. I am thankful for that. Even when it seemed unbearable and I didnt want to deal, I am still thankful for the learning.

I hope evryone has a wobderful holiday season!!!!

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:07:44 AM »

As much as D sucks, I consider myself fortunate that I live in a country where D is readily available and I don't have to worry about how to pay for treatment.

On the down side, I got my notice that my medicare "earner's punishment" for next year will be $240 a month on top of the normal medicare premium because I sold stock to buy a house and it change my income figures.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:19:04 AM by Simon Dog » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »

Have a good day tomorrow!

:flower; 

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »

I'm happy that my husband's hemoglobin is up from a 6 to an 8. Will be even happier when it gets back over 10.   

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
stayingalive

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 07:28:12 AM »

Because I just joined and want all members to Have HAPPY thoughts and random GOODNESS throughout their day!!!  Hey I was told you like the chatty ones.  Don't worry I can't post that often.

SMILE!!  CAPD since June 2014
Polysystic kidney disease
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »

I'm happy that my husband's hemoglobin is up from a 6 to an 8. Will be even happier when it gets back over 10.
What number before they let him return to home hemo?   When I had that problem, I was sentenced to the clinic until it hit 8.5.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 11:22:32 AM »

What number before they let him return to home hemo?   When I had that problem, I was sentenced to the clinic until it hit 8.5.
I think they said he has to be up to about a 9. He was scheduled for 9 treatments in-center, has 2 left to go. We'll see. While this has given me a break from home-hemo, it really worries me to see him struggling just to get thru the day right now. He's been thru He-double L and that's on-top of life's daily bs that comes up.

I might add, I am thankful for my husband's attitude and willpower. And yay, hemoglobin!   
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:26:12 AM by PrimeTimer » Logged

I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Angiepkd

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 06:49:48 AM »

I am thankful for so many, many things. Even though 2015 was a rough one for me medically, I have had some awesome events take place. Both of my sons are married and I have two beautiful grandchildren who I love to the moon and back. I survived cryptococcal meningitis unscathed, when the doctors said I would probably die or have brain damage. I have the most supportive husband anyone could ask for, and  he not only donated a kidney for me, but also got me through the meningitis scare. He even bought a small place in Florida for me and my mom to get away from the cold winter.  I also have 4 super nieces and nephews who are going to be a blast at Christmas this year. If you add it all up, the good has far outweighed the bad and I am grateful to be here and spend time with everyone. Here's to 2016 being an even better year!  :beer1;

PKD diagnosis at 17
Cancer May 2011, surgery and no further treatment but placed on 2 year wait for transplant
October 2011 first fistula in left wrist
April 2012 second fistula in upper arm, disconnect of wrist
January 2013, stage 5 ESRD
March 2013 training with NxStage home hemo
April 2013 at home with NxStage
April 2013 fistula revision to reduce flow
May 2013 advised to have double nephrectomy, liver cyst ablation and hernia repair. Awaiting insurance approval to begin transplant testing. Surgery in June.
June 2013 bilateral nephrectomy.
August 2013 finishing testing for transplant, 4 potential donors being tissue typed.
January 2014 husband approved to donate kidney for me
March 4th 2014 received transplant from awesome hubby. Named the new bean FK (fat kidney) lol!  So far we are doing great!
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 10:39:56 AM »

HA..he did it!!  :thumbup;  My husband's hemoglobin level is back up to 9.5 and his new arterial buttonhole is working great. I'm looking more forward to Friday (the day we resume doing home-hemo) than I am Thursday (Thanksgiving). Because of being anemic he's been going in-center for nearly a month now so getting to come back "home" is cause for celebration and MUCH to be thankful for!

Vt Big Rig

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 11:37:24 AM »

Great news .... :yahoo; :yahoo;

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »

:2thumbsup;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
nursey66

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 05:25:02 PM »

My happiness is my husband got a kidney transplant, his second, 2 months ago, things are going well, and we should be able to move back home tomorrow ! Been staying in a little apartment near the hospital the past 2months since we live 100 miles out, and his doctors wanted him close by.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »