I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Busted
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Busted  (Read 2827 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: October 26, 2015, 10:26:59 PM »

Oh my gosh. I got busted being silly the other night by neighborhood teenagers. I was making pretend car noises to my husband as we walked out of the house the other night. I mean I was being loud with "varoom, varoom, varoom, eark, rum, rum." I walked straight into two teenage girls on our sidewalk who said: "Want to buy some chocolate?" " Um, no thanks." I was laughing so hard. I should have done was ran up to them "Varoom, varoom, squeal. I did not see you all. Oh sorry, let me roll down a window. What's up?"" Yeah, nothing like being caught being a four year old with car noise and car keys in my hands at the age of 52. Life is fun!

Share your moments.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:54:50 PM »

Once went on a road trip when I had a new car with my mom and stepdad in the backseat. I was well past 40 but still blared some old ELO. They went in separate cars after that.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 04:34:11 AM »

In every person no matter the age still lives a little kid.  Some of us are kind enough to,let it out to play.  I am sure your inner child is grateful for being left in charge for a short while.  A little fun is good for the soul.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »

I'll be 62 in a little over a month, but I do NOT drive like a little old man.

40 y.o. Son says "Dad DRIVES!"

I get where I'm going, and safely.

I changed wheels and tire sizes on the Wife's AWD Astro many many years ago.  It WILL go around corners. Like freeway off-ramp circles/exchanges.  I can make it 'squeal'  ALL the way around, just not with her in the car.

I drive my truck even more aggressively.

I've been feeling so much better that I am starting to put my Harley back together.  If you see me on it next year, well, you won't see me for long, unless you can catch up!

I have always said, I may be getting older, but I REFUSE to grow up!

Take Care,

Charlie B
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 02:27:05 PM »

DH gave me a friendly pat on the  :sir ken; at the grocery store last Friday night.  I gave him a swat and a guy rounding the corner gave him a wink.

This store happens to play a lot of 80's music and I've been known to bust out a tune or two.  Not loud enough to be heard a couple of aisles away, but if you pass within five feet, you're going to get an earful of my bad singing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:28:08 PM by cattlekid » Logged
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 07:11:24 PM »

My husband and I use to work in the same office. For many months we kept our relationship "secret". Or so we thought. The day we decided to tell everyone we heard a "I KNEW it!" a "That's terrific!" and a "Ha! I knew you guys were together when I saw you pull up in the same car on a Monday morning".   ::)

I'll add that this was back when we were first dating. You know what they say about workplace romance. Little did we know, our co-workers placed bets that we were in fact dating. I guess arriving to work in the same car after spending weekends together made it kind of obvious. And we thought we were being pretty slick about it.. :angel;
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:12:26 PM by PrimeTimer » Logged

I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 01:36:03 AM »

You don't need to be in the same car. Years ago a couple I worked with were dating and trying to keep it a secret, but when one was late so was the other every time.  Even in separate cars, by leaving the same place at the same time they traveled in sync.  Since travel generally will cause you to arrive at different time interval even waiting 5 minutes by stopping at the cafeteria still creates a obvious pattern.

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »

Back when I was running my own business, my husband was an "employee." Both of us and another employee once went to an in-service event together. At the beginning everyone was asked to introduce themselves. I was sitting across a table from my husband and the other employee was sitting next to him, so the introductions had me going well before the two of them. My husband introduced himself and then the other employee did, ending by pointing at my husband and saying, "And HE sleeps with the boss!" Oh there were a couple of red faces after that.

:shy;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 08:15:50 PM »

Got to work very early one morning. Didn't see anyone else there. Then I OVERHEARD a strange noise, a kind of "whisk whisk whisk" sound. It was a coworker sitting under her desk brushing her teeth. I had no idea why, didn't want to ask. This was the same woman who once said that in her family, the mind is the first thing to go and who also once asked where the state of New England is. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »