I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:00:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Random Acts of Kindness: Giving and Getting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Acts of Kindness: Giving and Getting  (Read 2267 times)
casper2636

« on: October 04, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »

Yesterday, I was standing outside, in the blazing sun, sweating to death, waiting for my ride to dialysis. I had on 2 shirts, a sweat shirt,  sweat pants, two pairs of socks, sneakers, holding my bag of a blanket, book, head phones, purse, and my hard candy. It was 88 degrees out. My centre is always ridiculously cold, so I bundle up for my treatment. I looked mental, dressed the way I was. Sooo, I'm in the sun baking. I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting. There was a man walking to and from his car working on it and going in and out of his house to get needed tools. He was watching me cook like an egg on the pavement . I'm calling my transportation (on hold for over 25min.) still cooking. This gentleman finally goes inside. A few minutes later returns to me with a tall FROSTED glass, piled with ice, bottled water and a folding chair. He said to me "I can't just stand by and let you simmer in the sun like this. I'll pick up after your ride comes. No worries." With that, he turned and left. I was so grateful for the thought and the gesture. I felt a little like Blanche DuBios. That random act was so nice, it made my day that he showed he cared. Sometimes it's not all bad. :flower;
SooMK

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 05:40:47 AM »

Doesn't this make such a difference in your outlook? I have told my kids that any positive interaction with a stranger is a wonderful thing. Usually I think of what I should have done after the fact but every once in awhile I nail it and it makes me feel great. If someone does something nice for me it makes me want to pass it on. These small things really count.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:30:24 AM »

I like it when I only have one thing in a grocery line and someone lets me go before their cart piled high.  So, I do the same if I can.

:flower;

Vt Big Rig

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 05:23:43 AM »

I often wonder why these random acts  of kindness never seem to extend to people when they are behind the wheel.

Think of how much safer the roads would be is everyone was just a little less aggressive.

Seems now-a-days you get cut off, blocked off, moved over with the other driver not even realizing what they are doing.  :(

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »