I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:21:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Short presentation and first question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Short presentation and first question  (Read 1807 times)
Evelyne

« on: September 24, 2015, 12:50:08 AM »

Hello to all,

I'm 56, I'm French (so... sorry for my mistakes in English) and my husband, 70, has been hemodialysed for 1 year (this is why I registered on this forum last year, but I did not go further at that time). :oops

My husband does not speak English at all (and as I do, he made no effort to learn of course ;-) ) We both love the USA and we have visited many states. With dialysis it becomes more complicated now, but we have cruised on a Royal Caribbean ship in May with "Dialysis at Sea", we loved it, and now we are thinking of doing another cruise. The only companies that I could find being able to arrange dialysis on ships were "Dialysis and Cruises", which cruises on the Mediterranian Sea with MSC, and "Dialysis at Sea" which cruises to many other parts of the world, but is quite expensive. Has any of you experimented other organisations arranging for dialyses on ships ? In spite of many researches, I could not find others meeting my desires : Caribbean sea or Panama Canal/Mexico/Costa Rica...

Can anyone help me ? In return of course, I will be more than happy to help if you want to visit Paris while dialysed (I live 15 miles from Paris)  :)

Thank you in advance,

Evelyne

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:08:15 AM »

Welcome, here in the US we mostly know of "Dialysis at Sea" and we know it is expensive. 

Have you considered visiting the Caribbean on your own?  It’s more work than a cruise but could be more affordable. For example I found this center in French Speaking Martinique at http://www.steer972.com/. I was unable to reach them via email or fax, but maybe if you were to telephone them you could setup treatments?  I think that center would be part of your health system.

Generally when I travel internationally and pay myself the cost is about $200-$300 USD per session.  That price does not include IV medicine, so I receive the medicine at my home center.

Via google translate:
Bienvenue, ici aux États-Unis, nous savons la plupart des "Dialyse en mer" et nous savons qu'il est cher.

Avez-vous envisagé visiter les Caraïbes sur votre propre? Il est plus de travail que d'une croisière, mais pourrait être plus abordable. Par exemple, je trouve ce centre en français Parlant Martinique au http://www.steer972.com/. Je ne pouvais pas les atteindre par courriel ou par fax, mais peut-être si vous étiez à leur vous pourriez traitements de configuration par téléphone? Je pense que ce centre serait partie de votre système de santé.

Généralement quand je voyage à l'étranger et je me paie le coût est d'environ 200 à 300 $ USD par session. Ce prix ne comprend pas la médecine IV, donc je recevoir le médicament à mon centre de la maison.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »