I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Progress in the USA
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Progress in the USA  (Read 3953 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« on: July 10, 2015, 01:01:52 PM »

1.  The Confederate flag has been removed from the South Carolina capitol grounds.  I have such high regard for that state's governor and legislature.  It's a step forward toward a better America.

2.  NYC threw a ticker tape parade for our women's World Cup soccer champions!!!  It was the first time that a women's sports team has been so honored.  Another step forward!

Yesterday I was taking a walk through our neighborhood, and I twisted my ankle and fell onto the street.  I bruised my hands and scraped my knee to the point where it started to bleed a bit.  No big deal, but as all of this was happening and as I was slowly trying to get back upright, a car drove right past me without even slowing down.  I can't imagine passing someone by who had fallen over and was obviously in some distress.

Oh well, two steps forward, one step back.  I'll take it.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »

Ouch! I wish mass compassion would now extend to compassion for individuals. Maybe the next step forward. I hope you're ok!

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:22:44 PM »

Sorry that happened to you, Moosemom. Hope you are okay. I would have pulled over to help you. In fact, just the other day I pulled over to help someone. Could have been any one of us.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »

Sorry that happened to you, Moosemom. Hope you are okay. I would have pulled over to help you. In fact, just the other day I pulled over to help someone. Could have been any one of us.

Oh, that's very nice of you.  I know you would have helped anyone; you have a kind heart.   :cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 03:36:17 PM »

Ouch! I wish mass compassion would now extend to compassion for individuals. Maybe the next step forward. I hope you're ok!

Oh, I'm fine, although a ticker tape parade would have made me feel better.  LOL!

How about our USA women's team!  Did anyone see the final against Japan?  It was soooo exciting!  I'm so proud that their achievements were celebrated in such a fabulous way!

Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »

I'm not into sports, but I saw on the news that they got a ticker tape parade. It's about time women were given the same accolades as the men. They've worked just as hard to earn it.

Deanne

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »

I would like to say that World Cup match was the first soccer game I watched beginning to end. It was assume,loved every minute of it.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 07:17:34 AM »

Two ladies stopped and knocked on my door to see if I knew whose dog this was because they almost hit it.  Yes, I knew and walked up the hill to show them.  She went up the steps and knocked on the door and asked politely "is this your dog"...  They said yes and grabbed the dog and shut the door.  Hmmm  I yelled "YOU WELCOME"  What is wrong with people?

One step of kindness with a door in the face.  I told them they did the right thing no matter what the response. 

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 04:57:56 PM »

There is no accounting for some people. Some of them act like they are deprived of any feelings toward their fellow man. Some of them are like many of our group who would stop to help some one. I cant imagine walking by some one falling on the ground and ignoring them. sigh!!!! I am glad you are alright.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »

Sorry to hear about the ankle MM. Both of mine have been serious points of weakness since transplant and I've broken both of mine twice.There is a funny Meme with the Dos Equis ad guy, the most interesting man in world, and the caption is...I don't always roll a joint but when I do it's an ankle. Hope you don't do it again.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 07:29:57 PM »

Two ladies stopped and knocked on my door to see if I knew whose dog this was because they almost hit it.  Yes, I knew and walked up the hill to show them.  She went up the steps and knocked on the door and asked politely "is this your dog"...  They said yes and grabbed the dog and shut the door.  Hmmm  I yelled "YOU WELCOME"  What is wrong with people?

One step of kindness with a door in the face.  I told them they did the right thing no matter what the response.

Sad. I once had neighbors who did that to me once. With their toddler. He was out roaming around the neighborhood at 6am. I took him home and told him to go get his mom. She finally showed up at the door, said his grandma was supposed to be watching him and closed the door. Maybe the same people as the dog family.

Deanne

Gerald Lively

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »

MooseMom;
Sell the roller skates. 

Hodgkin's Lymphoma - 1993
Prostate Cancer - 1994
Gall Bladder - 1995
Prostate Cancer return - 2000