I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Red 24 Alarm
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red 24 Alarm  (Read 4024 times)
micron

« on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:49 AM »

We use a chest catheter in case that matters.

Been getting a lot of Red 24 (low arterial pressure) errors recently, and had to stop treatment early one night since we couldn't get them fixed.  We tried everything in the manual: bolus to check for clotting, re-seating the lines, re-positioning my husband, etc.  The only thing we didn't do in retrospect was reset the pressure pod (not sure if it'd help but it looked like it was working fine).  No access issues, catheter is only a month old and pulls smoothly.

Anyone with more experience have any tips?

The clinic talked to NxStage and they both suggested we do everything we already tried.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 06:42:14 PM »

Just the other week seemed I was having to reset the Pressure Pod every treatment. Usually should only take about 1/4 turn to seat the pod when setting up but I noticed it took more turns to screw it in....and sure enough, those would be the nites that I'd get alarms and have to reset the pod. Then I remembered something NxStage taught me last year...Now I push the pod in a bit harder, pushing it as far in as it will go and then some and holding it/pushing it in for several seconds before I start screwing it in. Bingo! Only takes 1/4 turn to screw it in when I do that. Haven't gotten any alarms lately.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
caregivertech1

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 01:18:45 PM »

By all means try resetting the access pressure pod. Our pressures normally run around 110. Just today it started out at 165(no alarms because that's where it started). I knew the stick was good so I pulled the pressure pod out, hit stop, watched it refill, reconnected then hit start. The pressure immediately returned to normal levels. Very quick and easy check. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »