I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Transplant List
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transplant List  (Read 2680 times)
Whamo
Elite Member

« on: May 25, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

I have surgery scheduled for skin cancer on my ankle on June 21st.  I have to go for a kidney transplant re-evaluation on the 28th.  The Mohs surgery will be followed by a skin graft and plastic surgeon.  I think I'll lose my place on the list.  Does anyone have any insight into this type of thing? 
Cupcake

a good year for Chevys

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 07:59:31 PM »

I think it depends on the type of skin cancer- melanoma a definite no no; basal cell probably ok;; squamous cell somewhere in the middle but that's the type that goes crazy from the transplant meds. Good luck!

PD for 2 years then living donor transplant October 2018.
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 09:35:11 PM »

:thumbdown; :thumbdown; :thumbdown; :thumbdown; I got kicked off the transplant list because of skin cancer.  Well, better to deal with it now rather than later.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 05:43:58 AM »

I have surgery scheduled for skin cancer on my ankle on June 21st.  I have to go for a kidney transplant re-evaluation on the 28th.  The Mohs surgery will be followed by a skin graft and plastic surgeon.  I think I'll lose my place on the list.  Does anyone have any insight into this type of thing?
If you go inactive, you will not "lose your place".   You will have the same waitlist start date as if you never went inactive, or were removed and had to be added.   I had several inactive spells on the list on my way to xplant.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »