I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Can you pass the 'sobriety test' even if sober?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can you pass the 'sobriety test' even if sober?  (Read 3530 times)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« on: June 28, 2015, 06:46:35 PM »

So, how about you!            :beer1;    :oops;
Babbler seemed to be huffing and puffing away, when he asked me “this is crazy stuff, why do you even do it at all? I inquired as to what he was referring to. ‘This standing on one leg while holding the other leg up in the air’, was Babblers come back. ‘Well’ I replied, ‘has to do with an article I had read a while back, where a reporter tried a sobriety test, in a police department, using the same process that the police use to nail drunken drivers’. ‘So what happened’ asks Babbler. ‘ Best I can recall, is that the reporter, with police cooperation, had the desk bound officers “take” the sobriety test to see what would happen. Seems that most of those officers following the directions, of the officer directing the “test” FAILED those tests, even though all were sober. So I tried what was listed as the test given to those officers, and I flunked it, much to my surprise.

The story and details at:
(Remove the @, then copy and paste.)
@http://www.thetalker.org/archives/332/40-talker-babbler-on-sobriety-test-training/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:45:11 AM by talker » Logged

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »

LOL, not even on a good day!
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »

Did I pass the field sobriety test?

A: Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs) are not really “tests” in the way we usually think of “tests.” The real goal of FSTs is not really meant to determine whether you are drunk or not—it is to make you appear drunk. It might surprise you that most people, sober or otherwise, “fail” these tests. Whether you pass or fail is based totally on the officer’s personal observations and impressions. Remember, these tests are entirely subjective—they do not conclusively determine whether you are drunk or not. Also keep in mind that the officer asked you to take field sobriety tests—which, as you remember, are designed to make you fail—because he suspects that you were driving while intoxicated. He is going to be looking for evidence that you broke the law, not alternative explanations for your behavior

(Remove the @, then copy and paste.)

@http://www.duianswer.com/faqs/did-i-pass-the-field-sobriety-test.cfm
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:35:40 AM by talker » Logged

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 05:45:07 PM »

Ha, Charlie b53, that now makes it a grand total of two (2) that are in the 'Flunk It'  club.

Be Well

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 06:28:31 PM »

Hey, hey, I'll drink to that!  :wine; Oops..I flunked. As for those balancing workouts, those are a lot tougher than I thought. While I am no good at squats, I am good at squat! And of course, when I saw it was written by Juan Carlos Santana, who was I thinking of? Santana, of course!   :guitar:  Oops...wrong industry but dancing is good exercise too! 

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 03:59:34 PM »

Ha, Charlie b53, that now makes it a grand total of two (2) that are in the 'Flunk It'  club.

Hey, hey, I'll drink to that!  :wine; Oops..I flunked. As for those balancing workouts, those are a lot tougher than I thought. While I am no good at squats, I am good at squat! And of course, when I saw it was written by Juan Carlos Santana, who was I thinking of? Santana, of course!   :guitar:  Oops...wrong industry but dancing is good exercise too!
Ha, PrimeTimer, grand total has now reached 3 , that are in the 'Flunk It'  club.   :bandance;     ::)

Be Well

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 12:16:34 AM »

:waiting; Go figure...
I was once called up for Jury Selection on a Drunk Driving case. Teed off a judge when I was asked if I drank and drive and my reply was, "What? At the same time??". That stupid comment did not get me dismissed from jury duty.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »