I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:24:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Humor, Pictures, Stories and Poems
| | |-+  No reaping zone... something I finally put together
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No reaping zone... something I finally put together  (Read 3181 times)
PaulBC

« on: June 19, 2015, 12:45:28 PM »

I had this idea for a while but was thinking it was in kind of poor taste or--if I were superstitious--just asking for trouble. I think anyone, particularly a parent of a child with a serious medical condition, ought to be able to understand. Death comes to us all, and I don't have a problem with that... but stay away from my kids, OK!

Anyway, yesterday I was just having a conversation with a surgeon about the small but real chances of death during surgery for a kidney donor and she said something that reminded me of this. One of her previous patients said "Well, if the grim reaper says its my time." and the surgeon responded that that the grim reaper is "not allowed in my operating room."

While obviously acknowledging the real risks involved, I think that's a good attitude for a surgeon to have, and almost the same idea I had when I thought of making a sign like this for my daughter's room. (Unfortunately, not enforceable).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:46:48 PM by PaulBC » Logged
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 12:59:22 PM »

Would make a good Tee-shirt.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 03:02:36 PM »

I like it!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »