I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Medical Breakthroughs
| | |-+  BEMER Treatments
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BEMER Treatments  (Read 4017 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: April 06, 2018, 09:34:10 AM »

BEMER stands for Bio-Electro-Magnetic-Energy- Regulation Mat. Bemer uses PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic field) as a vehicle to deliver a specific pulsed therapy that increases circulation in the small blood vessels, which make up about 75% of our circulatory system.Nov 7, 2016

My friend in Phoenix told me about this.  She is renting one for her husband who has a bad back and other medical issues.  There is an Ophthalmologist in my city who has a mat and he has had success in improving vision.  That is why I'm trying it.  I've had two sessions.  Can't see better yet LOL.

People with transplants can not do this.  It will wake up your immune system and recognize the foreign kidney.

Because they want you to drink water before and after treatment, I only do it on the two dialysis days.  My third dialysis day is Sunday and they are not open.  So, my success may be slower than normal people.

My hope is it will open up some capillaries to my eyes so my optic nerve may be able to heal.  I also hope it can open more in my upper chest which is limiting blood flow to my right arm loop graft.

I'm usually freezing all the time and I have notice that after a treatment I'm warmer although I don't feel heat laying on the mat.  The treatment is only 8 minutes and it has different intensity levels.  I'm on one.

Athletes use higher intensity levels.  It gets toxins out of your deep tissue and dumps into your blood and normal people flush it out.  That is why I'm being careful.  We had labs last night so I'm curious to see if my levels are higher than normal.  If so the dietitian will have a cow but I'll tell her what I'm doing.

I would NOT do this if this eye doctor wasn't right here!

The goal is for you to buy a mat to have at home.  They are $6,000.   My sessions are $15.  My Uber trip over and back are more than my session.  I am desperate to see better.

Anyone heard of BEMER treatments?

???

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 10:05:13 AM »

Wow, ReRun, have never heard of this treatment, however as a constant reader, like you, I am anxious to hear how it works for you. Lots of luck and best wishes.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
LorinnPKD

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:27:56 AM »

Rerun, I've never heard of this, but it's fascinating!  I'm curious to see how your next labs work.

Wishing you success!
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 10:33:22 AM »

Thanks Jean and  Lorinn!   Actually, I don't read much anymore because I can't see.  I have audible on my phone for books.  I listen to talk radio. My friend in Phoenix told me about this and there are some YouTube videos about it that I watched.  It is a God thing that my friend told me and there is an Eye doctor right here that does it and explained it all to me. 

It is frustrating when I get stuff in the mail that is labeled "Important" and I struggle reading thru it and it could have been said in 2 sentences!  Get to the point!

I pray that it helps.  I will keep you posted.    :flower;

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 09:56:12 PM »

I've never ever heard of this, but I'm really intrigued.  I have so many questions about how this works (and how it "wakes up" the immune system), but I will show restraint and not pepper you with my constant and never ending queries!  But I'm really excited about it and am hoping that you see some improvement in your vision.

How many treatments will you have?  How often are they?  What do the treatments feel like?  Oops...too many questions.  Sorry!  :rofl;  I can't help myself.

I apologize for not knowing more about your eye problems.  You mentioned that you are hoping that your optic nerve can heal; can you tell me more about what has happened to your optic nerve?  I don't want to be intrusive, so if you'd rather not tell me, that's fine!  I'd like to understand more.

I, too, am very curious about your next labs!  Let us know!

I pray that it helps, too!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 04:26:18 AM »

Wow Rerun!  I really Pray this treatment has benefit for your vision and I will be following your treatments closely as I am very hopeful this may become available near here and may also be of benefit for my Wife as her vision is almost totally gone.

Marilee

Hubby was a PD Person - I was 'support'

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 07:32:26 AM »

Hi Rerun,
This therapy kind of reminds me of the old TV Degauser that my dad had (he was a TV repairman), but I imagine that it's more sophisticated than that. I found a website: electromeds.com/pemf-education/eye-problems/ that talks about how it has helped with specific eye problems. I also found that they sell these devices, and smaller ones, too for as little as $600 (it's not a full-body mat but a portable unit), so if the therapy helps, maybe you can do it yourself for less.

As my hubby would say, "Don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you can."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 09:10:08 PM »

I read the link, wish they had much more information.

On the surface this appears to be another application of something similar to my old TENS unit.  A pulsed transdermal electrical nerve stimulator that I have used for chronic back pain.

I have two of these small units.  My first was the best as it has pulse width, pulse speed, and pulse amplitude. My newer second unit only has two of these variable settings.

My first I could turn it up high enough it could make a person/muscle flop like a fish!   I loved it!  But I've been well known to have been crazy for a very long time already.

I would really like to know more about how this machine may be used to stimulate an optic nerve.  I cannot imagine how the pads could be placed on her head to do this.  Positioning is everything otherwise the stimulation may only be on the surface skin and not deeper into the flesh/eye. 

The Chinese have used acupuncture for all kinds of things, stimulating the needles either with a plain bare needle, burning an herb on the end of the needle, or electrically stimulating nerves through a voltage/current applied to the needles. And have had various measures of success.

I am not about to stick needles into my Wife Patsy just as yet. But I would try most anything else.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »

The TENS works by stimulating muscle contraction.   I think the BEMER purportedly works on a different principle that I do not understand.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 04:44:18 PM »

The BEMER is supposed to stimulate your blood circulation.  Thus the capillaries which carry debris from the cells move faster to dump toxins into the bloodstream thus allowing more nutrients to get into the cells and heal where they know damage is. 

My optic nerves were not fully developed when I was born so I never had 20/20 vision.  The most they could get my right was 20/40 which was legal to drive for many years but not any more. My left eye was always legally blind.  I hope I can get some clean blood into the eye cells and something - anything can heal.  This eye doctor has seen improvement in others.  So I will try it for 10 times.  It is $15 a treatment but he lets me do an extra one on my chest where there is occlusions from so many catheters. 

It costs more for Uber to get me there and home then it does for the treatment.  I too am praying for a miracle.

:pray;

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 07:36:44 PM »

Although my TENS unit has the ability IF turned up that it could cause up to violent contractions (with new batteries) it was not intended to be turned up that much.  At low input levels there was no muscular movement, only that slight 'tingle' which was intended to disrupt the chemical/electrical nerve path that the would hopefully confuse the brain into misinterpreting the usual input which was always perceived as pain.

Moderate rates of success.  I used it for years initially, gradually tapering off until I haven't used it for years already.  First started using in the ?? late 70' or very early 80's.  I don't remember spit any longer.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 09:17:27 PM »

Thanks very much for the explanations, Rerun.  I am so hoping that these treatments lead to better vision.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »