I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:51:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Need Help With Sound System
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Help With Sound System  (Read 3536 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: June 02, 2015, 07:51:02 AM »

At dialysis we have mono jacks in the wall that have a cord coming to our chair that we plug our headphones into.  Sometimes it comes out in stereo (both ears). 

Mine is now only coming out in mono (left ear)  Why? It drives me insane.  If I pull out my head phone jack a little and twist it I get stereo but then it drops and I only have a left ear.  If I sit in another chair It comes out stereo.  Why?

Anyone a sound technician here? 

I have purchased a new adapter to go into the wall that has 2 rings so it is stereo, I purchased a new cable from the wall adapter to my headphones and new headphones.  Still only left ear.

HELP!

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:05:23 PM »

One question do you always sit in the same seat.  If the answer is yes, then try some one else's head phones that work in a other jack.  If the second headphone is suddenly mono the the jack is bad and the local tech needs to fix it.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 08:39:31 AM »

Yes the jack is bad.  The clinic says they can't fix it.  They can't fix anything.  I will probably get use to it.  and Start walking to the left. and dragging my right foot. 

:stressed; 

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:50:15 AM »

Yes the jack is bad.  The clinic says they can't fix it.  They can't fix anything.  I will probably get use to it.  and Start walking to the left. and dragging my right foot. 

:stressed;
can you buy a mono to stereo jack ($0.49 or so) and at least get that sound stream in both ears?

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 02:21:54 PM »

If it's a Fresinius site have them order a replacement TV. When a TV goes bad they send it to a repair depot and get a fixed one back.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »