I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:57:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Spammers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spammers  (Read 3899 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: April 07, 2015, 01:16:10 AM »

We have been getting spammed lately.  Please report any spam you find on the boards to me or Rerun directly. through PMS. Please do not post reports to Facebook I hate dialysis page.
We have different admins for these pages taking care of things.

Thank you to those of you who have reported the spammers to Rerun or me in the last few days. I spent an hour cleaning one guy's ness tonight.

kitkatz=Admin

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
SooMK

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 05:33:42 AM »

Thanks Kitkatz for dealing with this. It's so disappointing to go to IHD and see that we've been hit again.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »

Great job cleaning up the spam.  Without your efforts this great site would not be usable.
PaulBC

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »

I have used the "report to moderator" link twice so far. I hope that's the preferred way. The last two spammers were so blatant that it would have been safe to remove their content automatically (but I don't know what tools are available in "simple machines forum").

Thanks for cleaning it up!
PaulBC

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 07:23:07 PM »

Today I scrolled down to the end of a thread (gardening) and was greeted by spam with a NSFW image. The problem does seem to be worse than it was when I joined just a couple of months ago. Has something changed?
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 10:10:38 PM »

I just want to be sure the Mods get a great big 'THANK YOU!!!!! for being on the job, cleaning up the forums before I see them.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:12:50 PM by Charlie B53 » Logged
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »

If you see something on the message bards that does not belong or looks like spam please report it to me or Rerun. The spam bots are working hard to hack onto the site and sometimes they can get through.
I am going to be working with someone n an update tt he site so hopefully we can update the spam filters on it.

kitkatz-Admin

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »