I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2729 times)
micron

« on: April 03, 2015, 06:14:48 AM »

Hi,

I'm my husband's care partner and have lurked on this site since he was diagnosed with ERSD.  He's been in clinic dialysis for 2 years and we're almost through NXstage training.  I wanted to make an account in case we have questions (this is easily the most knowledgeable resource I've found on the internet).  I've enjoyed reading the threads and have found some great information here. 

A little about him: Diagnosed with T1 (adult late onset) diabetes in 2007 (late diagnosis so came with complications including Stage 4 kidney disease).  Lost most his remaining kidney function in 2013 after a cold turned into DKA and a trip to ICU.  Started dialysis afterwards.  Other complications include some GI issues like Gastroparesis and Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency. We're still sorting out the GI problems, which is the main challenge right now.  It's incredibly hard to keep doctors focused on the problem. 
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »

Welcome to what I believe is the worlds best dialysis site!
Bambino_Bear

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 07:08:45 PM »

:welcomesign;

I am a caregiver to my wonderful husband,  He is 4p and started PD October 2013. We have several living donors waiting to be tested for a transplant. Dialysis is a bridge to get us where we need to go. 
He had a transplant in November 2019.
micron

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 08:54:16 AM »

Thanks for the welcome!
Hootie

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 12:00:12 PM »

Welcome! NxStage has been a great machine for us and the NxStage technical support has been outstanding! They are very helpful.

Caregiver for wife with ESRD and type Type 1 diabetes (almost 50 years).  HHD with NxStage machine January 2015.
Transplanted  December 7, 2016
cchalk11

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 11:26:36 PM »

Welcome, you can get a boat load of useful info on here.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 05:08:09 AM »

Welcome to the site micron

:welcomesign;

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Athena

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 05:40:17 AM »

Hi,

I'm my husband's care partner and have lurked on this site since he was diagnosed with ERSD.  He's been in clinic dialysis for 2 years and we're almost through NXstage training.  I wanted to make an account in case we have questions (this is easily the most knowledgeable resource I've found on the internet).  I've enjoyed reading the threads and have found some great information here. 

A little about him: Diagnosed with T1 (adult late onset) diabetes in 2007 (late diagnosis so came with complications including Stage 4 kidney disease).  Lost most his remaining kidney function in 2013 after a cold turned into DKA and a trip to ICU.  Started dialysis afterwards.  Other complications include some GI issues like Gastroparesis and Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency. We're still sorting out the GI problems, which is the main challenge right now.  It's incredibly hard to keep doctors focused on the problem.

Welcome to this site Micron. There are always lots of questions to ask, so please feel free to ask.

From what I understand, your husband already had Stage 4 CKD when he was diagnosed with T1? Was it DKA when diagnosed with T1 that had damaged his kidneys?

Find Cure for CKD now! Please like my facebook page of the same name. Thank you.
micron

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 06:17:10 AM »

Welcome to this site Micron. There are always lots of questions to ask, so please feel free to ask.

From what I understand, your husband already had Stage 4 CKD when he was diagnosed with T1? Was it DKA when diagnosed with T1 that had damaged his kidneys?

He was stage 3? before the DKA, and it sent him below the functioning threshold and into dialysis.  So the DKA did damage them the last few percentage points to qualify for dialysis. 
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 12:16:39 PM »

Hello Micron...  :welcomesign; to IHD...

Visit and post often... We're always here for each other...

Darth... Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »