I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:35:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  New to the group
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 3255 times)
tdreed

« on: March 16, 2015, 02:45:26 AM »

Hello, im Tim and im in tn.  I have been on Dialysis now for about 3 months,kind of over whelming. not much to saay about me ....im a avid biker and i try to keep some sence of normal in my life but its getting hard,any and all advice welcome.
Sue

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:28:03 AM »

Hi Tim welcome, I am still pre dialysis, plenty of information and advice here at IHD :)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:50:30 AM »

Welcome,  all I can say is the more of your life you have outside of Dialysis the better you will feel.  Just remember there's 168 hours a week and dialysis is a small portion of them.  Good luck and I hope you find good things to fill your non dialysis life.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 06:05:09 AM »

Hello, im Tim and im in tn.  I have been on Dialysis now for about 3 months,kind of over whelming. not much to saay about me ....im a avid biker and i try to keep some sence of normal in my life but its getting hard,any and all advice welcome.

Welcome, I hope that you are able to get to a stable place medically.   Keep up the biking, even if its shorter distances, that has to have a positive effect both mentally and physically.

My wife and I did a short seven mile group ride for Pie day yesterday (it was delayed a day due to rain) and ate a ton of pie at the four pie stations.  The chocolate caramel pie was the hit, but everything was good, multiple apple pies, coconut pie, chees pie, winter berry etc... (We split pieces but we were still too full to nap afterwards.)  Spring was peaking out and it was comfortable in the sun.  Yet again I felt very thankful that with dialysis as my only current issue I've not yet been required to give up my actives - beyond those we gave up on M, W, and F when I'm in dialysis in the evening...  (FYI: my wife bikes a few miles to work and is more into biking. I'm fine doing it on the weekends but generally I'm lazy so she schedules group rides to get us out on the weekends. 20-30 miles is our limit, and this time of year much less...)

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:55:52 AM »

Hi Tim, I'm so glad you found us.  Thank you for joining.  I'm sure you feel a little better than before dialysis, but it is hard to settle in on your mind and body having to go through this.  Hang in there.

Welcome - Rerun, Admin.   :welcomesign;

SooMK

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 06:23:41 AM »

Hi Tim. Welcome. Wishing you the best. Lots of good folks here. Also I'm wondering--are you and Iolaire talking about the same kind of bikes? Like motorcycle bikes? Or bicycle bikes? No matter, hurrah to both!

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
tdreed

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 11:18:09 AM »

well im talking about motorcycles.i ride a harley davison road glide at present.
SooMK

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 10:22:04 AM »

Very nice. I'm sure riding is a good distraction from your health challenges.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 10:35:18 AM »

well im talking about motorcycles.i ride a harley davison road glide at present.
Then this might interest you:
http://debbiesdialysisfund.org/
its cruises for bikers raising funds to sponsor dialysis at sea for bikers, might be fun as an attendee, or if you don't have the funds it might be worth it to apply for the dialysis at sea cruise sponsorship via http://debbiesdialysisfund.org/?page_id=9

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 12:37:50 PM »

Hi Tim....

:welcomesign; to IHD...

Hope you're beginning to feel better.... Update us if you can, please....

Darth... Moderator....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »