I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:32:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Technical Errors
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Technical Errors  (Read 2185 times)
justagirl2325

« on: March 12, 2015, 07:39:36 AM »

When we were in the hospital learning home dialysis, the machine worked like clock work.  Now that we have it at home, iin the last three weeks or so every second time we try to use it there's a "technical error" and we can't. 

A couple times we could turn off and on and it would clear, but the last couple of times, no go.  The tech was out and fixed it, it worked once and now another technical error last night. 

It's a GAMBRO AK-96.  I just wish they would fix it once and for all or exchange it?  Do these people not understand that technical error = longer between sessions = more weight to come off = harder dialysis = makes him feel worse than no dialysis. 
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 09:19:32 AM »

As with ALL machines, home, office, auto, anything with any sort of warranty, document, document, DOCUMENT,  Every time there is even the smallest problem, get a piece of paper listing the problem and what was done to correct it.  You want to build a paper trail that clearly shows this machine has a problems then you can escalate your complaints to higher levels and find out exactly WHEN will it be REPLACED?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »