I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:30:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Diet and Recipes
| | |-+  My favourite lunch: Pancake-Soup
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My favourite lunch: Pancake-Soup  (Read 4280 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« on: February 16, 2015, 06:44:34 AM »

Two Pancakes for a pancake-soup for two people:

Mix in bowl: 1 egg plus 5/8th of a cup sugar-free almond milk (this has to be accurate), whisk and blend thoroughly,
then add 70 grams of plain white flower.. Now this has to be whisked very thoroughly to avoid any lumps or “bits”,
... when that has been done, add a level-teaspoonful of olive-oil, then it has to be whisked thoroughly again,
otherwise the olive-oil keeps at the surface... (We never use any seasoning)...
Now you have the liquid for two pancakes for two people but this liquid needs to take a rest for one hour.
After an hour and after carefully "twirling it around" a little once more, it is ready to bake two pancakes
(we use a 12 inch diameter crepiere-pan (pancake-maker)
and we spread and use the spreader to almost fill up the 12 inch diameter of the crepiere-pan,
but as it bakes, the pancake shrinks down to 10.5 inches diameter and we bake each pancake for about 3 minutes on each side.
After it has thoroughly baked equally on both sides, let the pancake cool down for a short while and then roll the pancake up
and with a knife slit it from one side to the other down the centre and then cut it into quarter inch slithers along the rolled-up pancake.
After you have done that you should be easily able to break the tiny pieces of pancake
and put them into your bouillon-soup (vegetable stock soup-powder mixed and cooked with the right amount of boiling water needed).
I always add a few croutons into my pancake-soup, but you can add whatever you fancy, i.e. a few cooked vegetables or noodles etc.
This makes a delicious soup which is not only very kind to the stomach but it is very filling at the same time...
Bon appétit !
P.S. Croutons are pieces of sautéed or toasted cubed bread-pieces used to add more texture to soups.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:56:47 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:00:17 PM »

Sort of a cross between a very fluffy noodle and a biscuit/dumpling.

Gives me ideas.

I like to take left-over pancakes and smear them with PJ, roll it up and eat it like a wrap.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 03:37:00 AM »

Hello Charlie,
You mention "PJ". Please tell me, what is PJ?
Thanks from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:49:14 AM »

lol    Peanut butter and Jelly
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »

Great! Thanks again, Charlie.
... I love to eat my Peanut butter sandwiches as well, but - as a European Continental - I have not heard of Peanut butter sandwiches with Jelly...
What sort of Jelly is it? do you "make" the Jelly yourself?
Thanks again from Kristina

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 02:24:48 PM »

...  My latest update on the pancake-soup :

I also vary the pancake-soup now and again with an asparagus-soup. Ever since I started with my dialysis-treatments, I have made sure to eat at least 3 freshly cooked asparagus stalks every day in order to keep my kidney function continuing for as long as is possible. Asparagus acts like a natural diuretic and it inspires the kidneys to continue their function and my kidneys are still functioning today, not as much as the functioned "in the old days", but still enough to "keep everything going". So, I either have three stalks of asparagus cooked for 17 minutes and eat them as a side-dish, or I eat them in an asparagus soup. Bon appétit !
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:31:32 PM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »