I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 02:19:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Feeling pain in my right hand AV fistula
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feeling pain in my right hand AV fistula  (Read 3667 times)
Ritamghosh

share the pain gain strength

« on: February 05, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »

Hi everyone...sorry for the late response...
Actually m feeling some problem in dialysis..but  last day dialysis m feeling much pain in my a/v fistula even i can't move my hand now.and also my nose bleed
i don't know why.i m trying 2 contact my nephrologist but i think he is too busy 2 pick up the phone...so right now i don't have any idea what m i suppose 2 do....guys if anyone knows about my problem please share your feelings..because the pain is worse than anything...thank you....

EDITED: Moved to Dialysis General Discussion - Noahvale, Moderator
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:09:07 AM by noahvale » Logged

God give us strength to fight the battle and save the "son of God"
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:29:36 AM »

If you can't contact nephpholigist call surgeon who created fistula!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 03:20:59 AM »

Hello,
I only ever had nose-bleeds when I was taking a 75mg Aspirin every day to thin my blood so that I would not suffer another stroke...
Unfortunately the Aspirin thinned my blood too much and I suffered as a side-effect daily nose-bleeds ...
... and whenever I scratched myself a little on my body, the same site started to bleed immediately...
... All that only stopped after I could stop (with doctors agreement) to take Aspirin...
... You could check-out with your doctor whether your nose-bleed is connected to any of your medications ...
... I can't give you any advise on your fistula because I have a chest-catheter, but it sounds
as if you should have it looked at by your nephrologist or any other doctor as soon as possible.
Good luck from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Ritamghosh

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 07:36:38 AM »

Thank u very much but i m really depressed for my current situation...everyday i fought for living and worry about next day.only God knows how much i need to suffer for a better life...now Dr said to stop dialysis through my fistula and they are gonna create new channel in my shoulder and gonna start dialysis day after tomorrow.Thank you for reply. :'(   

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 09:45:28 PM »

Sounds like they are putting in a catheter for you. Hopefully you will be feeling better when you start dialysis again. Hopefully they can figure out what happened to your fistula and why you had so much pain. Maybe you need a new one created. My husband has a fistula on his upper left arm. He has had it for about 17 months and has had to have several angioplasties/revisions done to it but they say that is normal for some people in their first few years. We do home hemo-dialysis. His fistula has been working pretty well for a while now but sometimes he gets pain down his arm to his hand. Doesn't happen very often. I put a big soft oven mitt over his hand (because he can't wear a glove on it during treatment) so it will stay warm and when he has pain, I heat up a rice bag and lay it against the side of his arm or sometimes just above his wrist area (never across the blood tubing or needles) and the pain goes away. Sorry you are going through so much with depression and pain, dialysis is a very scary thing but it's also a good thing too. It's hard to understand how something so hard can be so good but it is. My husband lives with it every day. I hate seeing him in pain. You guys are tough people but I know that doesn't take the pain away. Hope you do better real soon and that your depression eases up. Take care!

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Ritamghosh

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 07:40:38 AM »

Thank you mam...your husband is really lucky to have u as a careful wife.and thank you for sharing this info it will be really helpful to me.

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 09:00:09 PM »

Thank you mam...your husband is really lucky to have u as a careful wife.and thank you for sharing this info it will be really helpful to me.

Glad to be of some help. Hope you are doing better. We all have our days and sometimes days turn into weeks. I had a heck of a day and didn't even bother to cook dinner but the fact I took care of other chores I am not going to beat myself up over it. We both get sick of doing dialysis but oh well...have to. They say there are many phases of grief. I'm in the angry phase these days, mixed with a lot of anxiety. If I can take a shower without experiencing an anxiety attack, then I'm doing good! I do not know why I get anxiety attacks while showering but my guess is that it's because I happen to do a lot of thinking while I'm in there and then before I know it, I am hyperventilating, which also triggers an asthma attack. Double whammy! I have had days where I have had to sit down and have my husband hold my hand until the attack passes. He's the one that has to be stuck with those super gigantic needles and do dialysis not me so go figure...

Onward and upward! Thought I read somebody famous said that but no matter, I like the sounds of it! lol

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Ritamghosh

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 05:50:03 AM »

I have 2 say this mam " you are (both of you) are truly very strong person" and i think i find lots of power and encouragement from your replies..already seven times i read your replies and it gave me way to fight for.Thank you again...take care

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »