I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 06:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  The Gift of Life
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Gift of Life  (Read 2030 times)
flipperfun

« on: February 04, 2015, 02:25:50 AM »

Hello everyone, I have to share this with you.  It is sad but encouraging too I hope.

We have recently had terrible family news.  My lovely nephew sadly died last week after the most awful road traffic accident.  My family, whilst grieving agreed to organ donation.  I really cannot express enough how very, very proud I am of them to do this.  It IS the gift of life, and words really are inadequate as to how I feel about this knowing that he lives on by helping others.  What I do ask is that we all share the message to friends and family of the importance of carring an organ donor card and registering their name.  This is to save any anguish to another grieving family.  We did not know my nephews wishes, but my sister and brother-in-law were thinking of me when they agreed to donating his organs, despite the fact that I am not on any transplant list due to other health problems.

I am so, so proud of them.  Sorry I am in tears thinking of this.

God bless everyone. xxx

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 02:59:48 AM »

Hello flipperfun,
As you have already said, it is very sad and very encouraging as well and often life is like that: full of extremes...
... one life is taken away on one side and at the same time a life is given to someone on the other side...
I am very sad for your family that they have lost your nephew in this road accident
and I am also very impressed about their ability to think so positive in such a devastating situation...
Please send them my kind regards and please convey to them my thanks for their lovely positive attitude...
Kind regards and all the best from Kristina.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:07:33 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 06:58:20 AM »

I am sorry for your loss.  However the parents that donated the organs show a compassion almost beyond understanding iin what must be the worst day of their lives they thought of helping others.  I can not find the words to describe how noble this act is.  Courage is not only found on the battle field but in every day life.
I will keep these wonderful people in my prayers.
flipperfun

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 01:23:43 AM »

Thank you Kristina and Michael.  I will pass your very kind thoughts and wishes to my family.  Keep well. xx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »