I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:53:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Valentines Day
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Valentines Day  (Read 3811 times)
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« on: January 25, 2015, 09:12:15 AM »

Have you made plans for anything special??? :guitar: :guitar:
I am hoping to cook a Valentine Meal on the Saturday night, all either pink/red or heart shaped food, pink fizzy wine
etc
Suggestions welcome for menu ideas please...specially something a little bit different!

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:43:21 AM »

Was in the grocery store with the Mrs the other day and noticed all the candy out.  I said 'What, already?"

I guess I'm going to have to look at the calander and see how much longer I have to procrastinate before I seriously have to figure out what to get her.

I'm a guy.  We don't plan ahead, just kinda put it off til the very last second, then wing it.

It's worked so far for 40 years with her, so I better not change or she might get suspicious.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:38:55 PM »

red meat? Hmmm, prime rib is nice. I just yesterday made a mix f one sweet potato, one carrot and one zucchini, a little butter and baked, covered in the oven. For dessert maybe a heart shaped cake or a heart shaped jello mold or Twinkies have a chocolate covered, pink fluffed center Twinkie.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
JW77

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 07:04:46 AM »

Gonna be traveling up to my partners for a few weeks so there's bound to be a suprise for me.

Will take a card:)  I have a love hate relationship with cut flowers, as the working and health conditions for the growers and especially the pickers are often atrocious and quite frankly disgusting for a so called civilised world. So I generally avoid flowers or buy those that are grown in the UK.

Creator of London Kidney Social: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonKidneySocial/

Medical stuff, includes 3 kidneys, cancer, meningitis, 1 heart attack and its long and not that interesting! Maybe one day I'll write a book.! `

I have an eclectic taste in music, I fly kites, I read, write, tog, blog and have a bit of a passion for multicellular eukaryotes, and kites.

Founder of Kites4Kidneys - Start making your kites for WKD 2015..
https://www.facebook.com/kites4kidneys
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:35 AM »

I hope Fairtrade cutflowers are okay? We just exchange a card, and we'll make a mixed rice meal, and share the flowers

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 09:03:56 AM »

Was in the grocery store with the Mrs the other day and noticed all the candy out.  I said 'What, already?"

I guess I'm going to have to look at the calander and see how much longer I have to procrastinate before I seriously have to figure out what to get her.

I'm a guy.  We don't plan ahead, just kinda put it off til the very last second, then wing it.

It's worked so far for 40 years with her, so I better not change or she might get suspicious.
I agree with you Charlie... there could be cause for some unwanted suspicion if you start to change after 40 years...  :)

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 09:12:41 AM »

Gonna be traveling up to my partners for a few weeks so there's bound to be a suprise for me.

Will take a card:)  I have a love hate relationship with cut flowers, as the working and health conditions for the growers and especially the pickers are often atrocious and quite frankly disgusting for a so called civilised world. So I generally avoid flowers or buy those that are grown in the UK.

As a female, I have never appreciated cut flowers, because flowers in a pot carry on living after being planted in a garden or in window-boxes later on ... :)

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:46:35 AM »

I love roses...in the house.
We have a fair few roses in the garden, but of course not this time of year.
Drew regularly buys me roses/carnations/freesias mainly fairtrade or locally grown
I agree with JW77 the conditions for pickers in South Africa are appalling and the profit margins enormous.
The pickers get very little, are often underage and long hours.
But I do love flowers in the house this time of year, to brighten it up.

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »