I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  my wife as caregiver in IL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my wife as caregiver in IL  (Read 3537 times)
fuzzyL

« on: December 20, 2014, 07:03:04 PM »

my wife has her own health problems , plus helping me with my home hemo, she does not work but gets no unemployment or any income at all-and I am on disability so this puts quite a strain on our budget--we have searched the internet trying to find some financial aid of some kind but it seems useless in the state of IL--hoping someone out there has some info
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »

For Illinois, you might try the American Kidney Fund of Illinois @ www.kidneyfund.org  and look under Patient Grants. Hopefully your clinic has a Social Worker and/or Financial Coordinator that can help research these things for you. If you're not sure who your Social Worker is, ask your Neph or your nurse. Hope things go better for you and that you find a program that can help pay the bills. 

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
fuzzyL

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 09:41:42 PM »

THANK YOU!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »