I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:44:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help.
| | |-+  Is it just me? Where's posts?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it just me? Where's posts?  (Read 4407 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« on: December 05, 2014, 05:53:33 AM »

I have been a way for a while and just recently returned, the first day there were tons of topics in the "unread posts" now it seems like theres only 5, the same ones give or take, and im wondering if its just me? are people not posting things anymore????

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 06:03:57 AM »

I have been a way for a while and just recently returned, the first day there were tons of topics in the "unread posts" now it seems like theres only 5, the same ones give or take, and im wondering if its just me? are people not posting things anymore????
It has quites down a lot here. Not sure why. There seem to only be a few of us regulars now posting. But we are still here to help.

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
msf21

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »

on the bottom of the page I noticed there are a lot of guests but only a few people signed in. maybe we can redo the website to be membership only. You can make it mandatory to sign in order to see the posts, but set up a way to take donations to cover the costs of running the site. It might make more people more active on the site. There is no real incentive to sign up currently, since all the posts are readily available to anyone.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 12:59:27 PM »

but u cant post unless youre signed in, right?

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
msf21

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »

your correct, but there is so much info on here most questions have been asked already. I didn't actually sign up for about 6 months because i felt like i didn't need to. Also another thing to consider is privacy. Even though we all go by a handle most of the time, its not hard to figure out someones real name. If there were things that they posted that they didn't want family, doctors, anyone else to see its hard to hide it. All these posts are searchable on google. if it was a private group none of the posts can be searched with a search engine.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »

on the bottom of the page I noticed there are a lot of guests but only a few people signed in. maybe we can redo the website to be membership only. You can make it mandatory to sign in order to see the posts, but set up a way to take donations to cover the costs of running the site. It might make more people more active on the site. There is no real incentive to sign up currently, since all the posts are readily available to anyone.

The site will die without people who view the public information prior to signing up. Look at a few of the introduction posts people sign up after benefitting from the site.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 08:46:47 PM »

This is the way Epoman wanted it.  I love the fact that people who need us at 3am can look as a guest.  If they needed us to register them 3 days later what good would that do?  Even thought we filter them and try to determine if they are a spammer STILL one or two slip through and then there is That mess to clean up.

I just think there is other social media to keep people busy. 

If a guest is reading this... join us... register!   :cheer: 

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »

... Should we not consider that some visitors may just have been diagnosed with end-stage-kidney-failure and at that stage
they may not yet be ready to "sign up" on IHD, because they feel the need to research and come to terms with their new diagnosis first...?
... I am, of course, speaking of my own experiences, because after my diagnosis of end-stage-kidney-failure I was completely stunned
and then I went to a Cultural Centre to learn how to use their computer, which they kindly provided me with...
... and then I had to learn how to use a computer generally and only then could I start to research about ESRF...
....and the use of a special kidney-friendly vegetarian diet ...
...and how to prevent with such a vegetarian diet the use of dialysis for as long as possible...
... and at that stage I was not ready yet to talk to anyone about "my" ESRF...
... but I felt an urgent need to research about any possibilities of how to avoid the need of dialysis for as long as possible...
... and in all this cerfuffle it took me quite a while to become an IHD member...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »