I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2019, 12:05:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
528437 Posts in 33212 Topics by 12307 Members
Latest Member: DominiqueS
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members (Moderators: Rerun, kitkatz)
| | |-+  My pre-dialysis-days have finally come to an end...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My pre-dialysis-days have finally come to an end...  (Read 25454 times)
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2019, 03:00:46 PM »

SPAM!!!  Lots of people will take advantage of an exposed email address.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Paul

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #276 on: February 21, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »

Please tell me : Why is it not a good idea ? Did you go through a bad experience with it ?
Many thanks from Kristina.

There are myriad scammers out there running software that searches the web for email addresses. Posts here will remain for years, so although it is unlikely that any software crawlers will find in the short term, give them a year or two and Michelle2016 will be inundated with email from Nigerian generals and offers of a miracle cure for kidney disease. But the worst ones will be the "There is a problem with your bank account, please log in here and update (something)." and the "Message from Microsoft: A serious security flaw has been found in Windows that will allow hackers access to your private data. Please click here to download an update that will fix the problem." Both of these are designed to get Michelle2016's bank details. Most of us think we will spot the fraudsters, but that is when bad things happen. We get clever, the thieves get cleverer still. The only way to be 100% certain you will never fall for a scam, is to never receive them.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:37:43 PM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
kristina
Elite Member

« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2019, 01:41:40 AM »

Many thanks K&S and Paul for taking the time to give the needed information and it is very much needed and appreciated and hopefully Michelle won't get any problems.
I do take your advice very seriously, because having kidney trouble (with or without transplant) gives us days, where we are intellectually not in top-form, but surrounded by some ESRF-mist, through which we can hardly see through and that can be dangerous for us ...
Thanks again from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Elite Member

« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2019, 08:02:07 AM »

... This has been a strange day today and I am still very shocked.
I have just noticed (in another section of IHD), that moderator Cassandra has moved my topic "Correction" into the "off topic" section of IHD and that has shocked me very much.
If one member (Paul) is allowed to spread a lie about me (Kristina) and my answer has been put by moderator Cassandra into the "off topic" section of IHD, it seems that former IHD-standards and integrity have gone, meaning, that it is impossible for me from now on to rely on the truthfulness and integrity of IHD any longer.
If, for example I would ask in the future a question on IHD, how could I possibly rely on the truthfulness of the answer?
Very sad, but after such a shocking disappointment there is only one way forward and that is to move on ...
Bye bye IHD, it has been pretty good until now, but due to lack of trust from now on, that must be it ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
UkrainianTracksuit

« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2019, 08:13:29 AM »

Kristina,

You are a very intelligent woman and I am saddened that you feel this way. You know that I too have had issues in the past with this board (small ones) but that is part of communication, right?

Just a small clarification though. When a topic is moved, it is not done so with secretive or nefarious meanings. It simply does not belong under the heading or subforum under which it was originally posted. And so, moderators or admins move them, like housecleaning, to areas where they belong, so they can be better viewed.

For instance, the Correction was posted under Dialysis: General Discussion. As you know, with your experience here, that section is for the myriad of questions related only to dialysis. For your Correction thread, it did not concern any modality of dialysis, thus it got moved to a space where it could be discussed freely, and not be hidden among postings of say, oh, fistula questions or fluid loads. I hope you understand this. I am willing to bet my hat that Cassandra meant no malice when she moved it and was simply shifting the thread where it ought to have been. And definitely, she meant no ill-respect towards you. Those involved will better see it there.

Please take care and think this over. Kind regards.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »

Yes, exactly right, UT.

These types of incidents showcase the inadequacy of social media.  Misunderstandings of tone and intent are rife.  Communicating efficiently is difficult in front of a screen.  So much of communication is non-verbal.

I am glad this discussion has been moved to the off topic forum because it is always a good idea to, from time to time, discuss how we can better communicate on an online forum such as IHD.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Paul

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2019, 12:20:57 PM »

If one member (Paul) is allowed to spread a lie about me (Kristina)

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I have disagreed with you, I have made comments about your posts or claims, and sometimes this discussion has got "heated", but I cannot remember ever making up a lie about you (and lying is not something I do). However if you feel I have posted something untrue about you and you have corrected it in the same topic, my original post will have been moved as well so people reading my post will still get to the post with your rebuttal. And if, for some reason, you did not post in the same thread but started a new one, then simply go back to the thread with my post in it and make another post in that thread with whatever point(s) you want to make about whatever I said. That way anyone reading whatever it was I said will still be able to see whatever it is you want to say about my comment.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Michelle2016

« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2019, 03:47:39 PM »

To Paul:

Thank you for reminding of me about the personal information.

Take care.
Michelle2016

« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »

To Kristina:

I just send you a private mail. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Take care.
Michelle2016

« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2019, 04:08:38 PM »

Hi, Kristina:

Following facts can affect creatinine level:

1. Water intake. At least 2000 cc or mL a day. Water helps to clear out creatinine from the blood stream.
2. At the beginning of transplant, the high dose of immunosuppressive med can affect the creatinine level.
3. Everyone is different. I know one story from another site that it took two year for one guy’s creatinine to come down from 2 to 1.3.
4. Don’t eat grapefruit.

Good luck and take care.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #285 on: March 15, 2019, 06:57:29 PM »

Hello,
I am very happy to share my recent good news. My kidney function was 19% before and now it has climbed-up to 23%, hopefully meaning, that my new kidney is still continuing in its own way to slowly pick-up and this after nearly three month ! Hopefully it continues like that for a little while longer  .... :bow;
I am quite ecstatic about the new development right now and the Doctor told my husband and me, that my recovery appears so slow, because the new kidney and I were already going together through a very rough time with the two nasty infections I had, one after the other. The first infection was due to my sharing facilities with one particularly not so hygienic female. But the second infection was a full blown urinary tract-infection and it became so bad, that at one point I was unable to tell the doctors details about where my husband and I are living and that was a very frightening and confusing moment ... :(
Fortunately the antibiotics helped a lot in my recovery from the transplant-operation and now it seems, my general recovery is going slowly ahead now and I also have to take less medication, possibly because of my weight (57 kg) with 1.67 meter in height and my blood-test-results are very satisfactory right now as well and that helps to reduce my medications etc.  ... and ... my new kidney happens to be a very good match ... and it seems to like being with me and my body and me like being with "it" as well...
The doctors also want to "put in" a "stent" to straighten a "kink" between bladder and new kidney in an effort to increase my kidney-function further and hopefully it is going to happen without complications ...  :bow;
I am so glad about the new development right now, because at one time I felt that my recovery-possibilities looked a bit grim and hopefully my new kidney picks up a little more function as well. That would make me even more happy and as it is right now, I am very grateful about how it is developing ...
Best wishes and good luck to all  :grouphug;  from Kristina.

Kristina: I hope you see this and will consider returning to ihd. Your posts are meaningful and very valuable. After everything you've been through, I hope your new kidney is now working more normally for you. Did they insert the stent to help out? Reading the posts about transplants actually written by those who have had one is important to me and I'm sure to many others here on ihd. Please do consider returning!     

Husband has ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his carepartner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »