I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  My pre-dialysis-days have finally come to an end...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My pre-dialysis-days have finally come to an end...  (Read 70747 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »

Thank you there ...that's what I get to do now seems my fistula isn't working right ...
Get to get catheter in neck bone ..... Funny happened though .... Nice short little asian lady was humm ing in my ear' as she put needles in , then when she started having trouble she cussed....(under her breath). Made me feel right at (ship) home !

She said it was to deep and surgeon would work on it.
Needle has to be near vertical and was to short.
Anyway , I don't like to talk
about it ---

I am very sorry, Blake nighsonger, that I don't understand how the above can be connected to my thanking Cassandra
for her lovely thoughts and my mentioning doctors telling me during my medical transplant-waiting-list-work-up that I am a "lucky girl"
because no antibodies were found ... and that doctors were surprised that despite my dreadful health-history
I could avoid blood-transfusions etc. during all those years ... and that it hopefully brings me good luck in the future ... :grouphug;
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:30:27 PM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2016, 03:29:40 AM »

Thank you there ...that's what I get to do now seems my fistula isn't working right ...
Get to get catheter in neck bone ..... Funny happened though .... Nice short little asian lady was humm ing in my ear' as she put needles in , then when she started having trouble she cussed....(under her breath). Made me feel right at (ship) home !

She said it was to deep and surgeon would work on it.
Needle has to be near vertical and was to short.
Anyway , I don't like to talk
about it ---

I am very sorry, Blake nighsonger, that I don't understand how the above can be connected to my thanking Cassandra
for her lovely thoughts and my mentioning doctors telling me during my medical transplant-waiting-list-work-up that I am a "lucky girl"
because no antibodies were found ... and that doctors were surprised that despite my dreadful health-history
I could avoid blood-transfusions etc. during all those years ... and that it hopefully brings me good luck in the future ... :grouphug;

Hello again Blake nighsonger,
I do hope I have not offended you in any way or form with the above comment ...
... But for me it is such a huge step forward to be accepted & activated on the kidney-transplant-waiting-list ...
... and I am extremely grateful to be given this enormous chance ...
Best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2016, 09:42:37 AM »

Kristina, your husband is a very lucky man.  Congrats on being placed on the transplant list!!  :clap;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »

Thank you, del, you are quite right and it is true that my husband is a very lucky man:
If he had not offered to me one of his kidneys and had gone through the whole transplant work-up,
his cancer would not have been detected because he had no symptoms whatsoever ... and we had no idea ...
... We are still amazed about it all and we still can hardly believe it ...
... and now the cancer is gone and he is healthy again ... (touch wood it continues like that !!!)
... Many thanks also for congratulating me to have been placed on the transplant waiting list ...
... Since receiving the letter (... it was really THE letter...) ... I have been "walking on clouds"
... and I am very positive about the future and hope for the best...
Thanks again from Kristina. :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2016, 08:56:42 AM »

well your being a bit sensitive my fine lady. as I had no idea that you were going through all that when I spelled out my shareing. I'M so happy to read about your husband finding out about cancer that's so great!!!! I had similar thing happen and I'm grateful too.

yes ma'am that's fantasic too about your listing up date, I still have to lose about some wight. sure i'm not too swiff on this form, board, group information thing here so i'll try to be careful not to post on were I shouldn't. sorry, hows the peanoi playing doing? I love liustening to classical music steering 1170ft. of tow. I't allways shapen my wit. and calms me going throu a tough spot. or holding it up in the wind.

thanks you it's sure nice to share this experience here with you you benefit me and others greatly.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2016, 09:38:05 AM »

Actually it seems to me your both lucky to have each other, though I my experience luck goes to those who deserve it, clearly you both deserve the good fortune to have each other.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2016, 02:38:09 AM »

Many thanks Blake nighsonger and Michael Murphy for your kind thoughts, it is very much appreciated.
It is true, my husband and I have been lucky when we met each other ...
Strangely enough, we both grew up in different European countries with different background, different education & different languages
and we have remained soul-mates ever since we first met ... According to East Asian/Chinese folklore, there exists a "Red string of fate" and according to this myth, there is an invisible "red cord" tied around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation to be together and to help each other in a certain way ... And the two people connected by "the red thread"  (or "Red string of fate") are destined to be together, regardless of place, time or circumstance... This "magical cord" may stretch or tangle, but never break and this myth is similar to the Western concept of "soulmate" ...
Thanks again from Kristina. :grouphug;
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:53:15 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2016, 09:47:23 PM »

Hello, my Dad told me once that there is no such thing as luck... only when he met my Mother
....so I can appreciate that story of the "red string"
... My folk had a period in there lives where there good friend Gerrie  lived with us (4 kids) (she sleep on couch ). Anyway, she worked with the folks,  selling  door to door , "Dare to be Great" stuff like (cosmetics)
....she was and is the kindest most fun and classiest lady (went to church in mornings and every ("get it over with") Saturday night ones ... He would make her laugh every time he say to her ...using her last name he'd say......you know what excites me most about you?....................... is that I'm not married to you".   
TheLivingWater

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2016, 12:46:17 AM »

Welcome to dialysis family.
We do our best to encourage and support one another.
God bless!
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2016, 06:39:44 AM »

Thank you TheLivingWater, what and eye opener to finally be here ....my perspective has change greatly.   

Hope your folks are doing well...

Best to you

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2016, 01:29:31 AM »

Hello again,
... After starting with my dialysis-treatment, my "two little fighters" became a bit lazy and they certainly "took their time" to function  ...
... But, nevertheless I continued with my kidney-friendly vegetarian diet all the same and also adhered strictly to my liquid-intake-limit every single day 
(a little over 1 liter was allowed each day) ... and then, all of a sudden, during the past few weeks, my "two little fighters" have surprisingly started
to become busy again, especially during the night ... and all this came along as a huge surprise ...
... This new development also shows clearly during my dialysis-treatment, because I can't have the "usual" amount of liquid taken off any longer ...
... and I do hope my "two little fighters" continue to show their good spirit for as long as possible  ... :grouphug;

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:31:28 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2016, 02:24:05 AM »

I learned a new thing this week Residual Kidney Function or RKF, was reading a paper on Renal Uroligy Ners RUN about how to keep RKF in patients that still have function left.  The thing that impressed me is that the paper recognized how much RKF improved patients lives.  I know how much better my life is with RKF and it was nice to see someone in the medical establishment acknowledge how important it is.  Plus I used to not be happy getting up every 2 hours at night to answer natures call.  After dialysis I began to appreciate it now I don't care how often I get up.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2016, 03:05:38 AM »

Many thanks for sharing your experiences Michael Murphy, I appreciate your kind thougts very much.
It seems that Residual Kidney Function is very important for our ESRF-survival in the long term and I must say that I also don't care how often I need to get up and "go for walkies" to the bathroom during the night because I am very grateful that my "two little fighters" still provide me with their service after all these years...
To have Residual Kidney Function certainly improves the quality of life despite dialysis and hopefully it continues for a long time to come...
Many thanks again from Kristina. :grouphug;
P.S. My daily cup of peppermint-tea continues to inspire the function of my "two little fighters" and it seems to keep them going...
... and so does my daily glass of fresh lime-juice made from half a lime which is mixed with filtered water...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2016, 09:13:10 AM »

LOL  I am more of a 'Lemon' person, as I like my lemonade, but since becoming diabetic have been only enjoying it rarely.

Lime, well,  I like it in Key Lime Pie!  Other than that maybe a slice, or two, stuffed down the neck of a Corona.  But there again, I rarely have that but maybe one or two bottles a year.  Many years none.  But last year I think I set a personal record, NINE.  All within two months.  It was a hot summer.

I may have to get into that peppermint tea.  I have some but very rarely get into it.  It is one of about a dozen in the cupboard.  How much, how often, I don't doubt body size can make a difference.  I'm sure my 225 pounds may require more for my size than you are using.  Suggestions are appreciated.

I know a Lady that keeps near one hundred different tea's, using many as treatment of a number of common conditions with some degree of success.

It just adds weigh to my belief that all things are here for use to use responsibly.  But mankind has forgotten what each plant is to be used for, and how each is to be used.
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2016, 07:45:26 AM »

Hello folks,
       Thanks you for the writings hope this fines you well.
Just a note to tell you I got activated on transplant list!!!!
Lost the weight I needed thanks to dialysis.

Thanks talk with you later   
Best to you
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2016, 07:57:58 AM »

Hello folks,
       Thanks you for the writings hope this fines you well.
Just a note to tell you I got activated on transplant list!!!!
Lost the weight I needed thanks to dialysis.

Thanks talk with you later   
Best to you

Congratulations, Blake nighsonger! That is great news! Hope you continue to get good news and share it with us! You have reason to celebrate this weekend!  :2thumbsup;

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2016, 08:39:58 AM »

Thanks PrimeTimer,
     Beautiful day to do just that!
 take care.---- thanks again.

Blake

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2016, 06:25:41 AM »

... Having "jumped" through all the "hoops" to be accepted on the kidney-transplant-waiting-list and since being listed on the kidney-transplant-waiting-list,
I had to change my life-style a little and was finally forced to "jump" straight into the 21st century and "make friends" with a mobile telephone,
plus, I have to have it switched on at all times 24/7.
... The luxury of the "old days", when I still could resist the need of a mobile telephone are gone and now, all of a sudden,
whenever the telephone rings I "jump" a little and wonder whether or not it is THE telephone call I am eagerly waiting for ...
Such is life...
Kristina. :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2016, 01:53:46 PM »

... Having "jumped" through all the "hoops" to be accepted on the kidney-transplant-waiting-list and since being listed on the kidney-transplant-waiting-list,
I had to change my life-style a little and was finally forced to "jump" straight into the 21st century and "make friends" with a mobile telephone,
... The luxury of the "old days", when I still could resist the need of a mobile telephone are gone and now, all of a sudden,
whenever the telephone rings I "jump" a little and wonder whether or not it is THE telephone call I am eagerly waiting for ...
Such is life...

Kristina, that is great news to hear that you are on the transplant list now! Hope you get your phonecall and soon!

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »

Such is life...

We know this feeling well...with our daughter being a heart transplant candidate in 1990 *they gave us a pager that would go off constantly-in error* and got one call for a real potential donor, which ended up being a no go due to the child being a victim of child abuse...which broke my heart for that child :(
Our heart would race every time that dang pager went off.  :o

Now, that our daughter is near the top of the list for a kidney(I am one of the caregivers-if we see a call that shows up as "Mayo Hospital" our hearts skip a beat or two

No call yet, but all the docs are excited as we are...and we even have the personal cell of one of the 7 transplant docs that will be doing the procedure. So we wait, patiently!

Good luck to you Kristina!

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2016, 01:13:05 PM »

Many thanks Prime Timer and Xplantdad for your kind encouragement and lovely thoughts, I do appreciate it very much.
It was a very decisive moment for me when the doctor told me that I have been activated on the transplant-waiting-list
and it is also very uplifting, because it implies that my body is capable to take on the strain of a transplant plus the transplant-anti-inflammatory-medication etc.
... and I very much look forward to take it on and hope for the best...
Many thanks again for your kind thoughts from Kristina.  :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2016, 03:17:02 AM »

Today (Sunday morning), for the first time in ages I was able to sit down at the piano and play my favourite pieces by Bach and Couperin without any mistake
and in total concentration and relaxation  ... and this makes me very grateful to my husband and the nurses who have assisted me so much
to get my fluid-restrictions right and to get as precise as possible to get the right amount of fluid taken off during dialysis and not only that,
but because of all that positivity some of my "esprit" to agree with my existence (despite everything) has returned again as well ...  :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
LorinnPKD

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2016, 07:36:21 AM »

kristina, your update brought me so much joy!

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2016, 05:35:12 AM »

Many thanks for your kind message LorinnPKD, it is very much appreciated and I do hope your fistula heals up well
to start your in-clinic hemo and I also keep my fingers crossed that you are successful to follow your dad's shining example.
Best wishes and good luck from Kristina. :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2016, 05:41:15 AM »

Today (Sunday morning), for the first time in ages I was able to sit down at the piano and play my favourite pieces by Bach and Couperin without any mistake
and in total concentration and relaxation  ... and this makes me very grateful to my husband and the nurses who have assisted me so much
to get my fluid-restrictions right and to get as precise as possible to get the right amount of fluid taken off during dialysis and not only that,
but because of all that positivity some of my "esprit" to agree with my existence (despite everything) has returned again as well ...  :grouphug;

That's a great update! Stay healthy.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »