I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  UK Care update on proposed renal care via CCG's
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK Care update on proposed renal care via CCG's  (Read 4309 times)
JW77

« on: November 27, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »

FURTHER update news.

While patients are unlikely to get an extended consultation period, the department of health have published THIS document.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/380041/2014_11_Consultation_document.pdf

Questionnaire for kidney patients is at the END. It can also be filled in online.

Whether or not  this is just a 'we've consulted' exercise or whether it will be listened to I don't know.  for some reason renal has been catagoriesed alongside dialysis to be looked after via CCG's.

I can foresee so many teething and administrative problems, by which time it will be election time and the blame game will be able to start, while kidney patients suffer!

Enjoy your festive season, however you celebrate.. Or not:)

Creator of London Kidney Social: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonKidneySocial/

Medical stuff, includes 3 kidneys, cancer, meningitis, 1 heart attack and its long and not that interesting! Maybe one day I'll write a book.! `

I have an eclectic taste in music, I fly kites, I read, write, tog, blog and have a bit of a passion for multicellular eukaryotes, and kites.

Founder of Kites4Kidneys - Start making your kites for WKD 2015..
https://www.facebook.com/kites4kidneys
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »

I still don't know whether or not there is going to be a public demonstration of ESRF-patients
outside Westminster Parliament about this ... soon... ?
... No point in informing us about oncoming future-disasters, if there is no action to take place...
... that could only build-up unnecessary frustrations in us UK-ESRF-lers...
... and we don't want to go through that, do we? 
The most important point would be to do something about it, whilst we still can...
... N'est ce pas? Agreed?

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
JW77

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 04:47:20 PM »

Don't shoot the messenger:)

But yes.. I will pass these ripples of frustration onto UK Dialysis Campaigns, for one. I take it your up for a good bit of vocal chanting then?  I agree the time for the pen is past somewhat, the time for action is nigh!

Creator of London Kidney Social: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonKidneySocial/

Medical stuff, includes 3 kidneys, cancer, meningitis, 1 heart attack and its long and not that interesting! Maybe one day I'll write a book.! `

I have an eclectic taste in music, I fly kites, I read, write, tog, blog and have a bit of a passion for multicellular eukaryotes, and kites.

Founder of Kites4Kidneys - Start making your kites for WKD 2015..
https://www.facebook.com/kites4kidneys
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:20:40 AM »

Hello JW77, I would never shoot the messenger because we need all the informatiuon we can possibly get... :thx;
Perhaps the time for the pen has passed already (?) ... and it is difficult to find out what exactly is going on and what it means ...
Please let us know if you hear more about it....
Thanks again from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 02:02:28 AM »

Today (25.6.2015) I heard on the radio that disabled wheelchair-protesters campaigning against the end of the "Independent Living Fund" have attempted (yesterday) to enter the House of Commons chamber during Prime Minister's Questions Time.
The wheelchair-group, campaigning against the end of the "Independent Living Fund", were prevented by police from getting into the House of Parliament ...
BBC assistant political editor Norman Smith said about 20 protesters, many of whom were in wheelchairs, had made their way towards - and attempted to "storm" into - the House of Commons Chamber.
The doors were quickly closed on the chanting protesters, he said.
Prime Minister's Question Time carried on inside the Chamber, and Commons officials told broadcasters not to film the protest, which continued outside in Westminster's central lobby.
The protesters were from a group called "Disabled People Against Cuts".
One protester told BBC News the Independent Living Fund, which provides support for some 18,000 people and is worth £320millions, was "vital for the lives of disabled people".
The fund is being closed on 30 June with funding and responsibility transferred to local Councils and the devolved administrations.
Its closure has been challenged in the courts, but was ruled lawful by the High Court in December.
About an hour after Prime Minister's Questions ended, Scotland Yard said the protest was over. It said one person and their carer had been ejected from the Palace of Westminster for disorderly behaviour, but no arrests had been made.
The "Independent Living Fund" provides money to severely disabled people in wheelchairs in order to help them live independently. It typically funds personal assistants, or carers, for up to 24-hours a day to assist in everything from bathing, making meals and turning people in their beds at night etc.
In December 2010 the government announced that this central pot of money was to close with responsibility with the full budget being passed to local authorities to provide the care - however the devolved budget has not been ring-fenced for disabled people.
They fear they will receive less money, which they say could lead to them not being able to continue life-affirming voluntary or paid work.
The alternative could be giving up their homes and moving to residential care - which, with Winterbourne View in recent memory, is not desirable. The ILF gives disabled people the ability to hire and fire their own care and campaigners claim this is cheaper than residential care.
Parachute funding is being offered to ease the blow, however, and some councils have guaranteed keeping the same level of payment.
After the protest ended in the Commons the campaigners blocked the road outside Parliament.

But: It was also revealed this morning by a London-radio-programme, that government is going to put "The Independent Living Fund" into the hands of LOCAL government
in order to check-up how this benefit is being spent and it was also revealed through this radio-programme that some disabled wheelchair-users employ carers who charge the government £20 per hour and work over 70 hours a week to look after one disabled person and government decided that "all this" should be dealt with by local governments/Councils in the future...

Any UK-IHD-members in need of a wheelchair right now ? ... and are they affected ? ... and did they take part in this protest ?

P.S. Update: Having had a closer look at the publicly-provided protest-pictures later on, I did notice,
that the protesters were not representing the disabled community as a whole,
as only white-European-protesters were seen to represent themselves in this protest outside Parliament....
... another important point is, that the protesters appeared to be very young
and they also represented themselves to be (left) alone and in need of a wheelchair ...
... where were their parents, where were their carers ? ...
... were these youngsters being abandoned by their families and their carers ?
... and if, why ?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:28:47 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »