I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Baxter to import E.U. PD Solutions to handle the shortages
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baxter to import E.U. PD Solutions to handle the shortages  (Read 3318 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: November 21, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »

Received a booklet in the mail from Baxter explaining the shortage of PD solution and they're importing solution made in Ireland.  Includes pictures showing the differences in U.S. packaging and European packaging.

I've copied all and hopefully they come out well enough here for anyone to read clearly.

If this is not allowed, then Ooops!   And if so,  hope one of the Mods will kindly drop me a note or a pleasant nasty-gram, telling me what to do next time Baxter sends anything that should be sent to everyone.

Unable to post all pages in one message so I'll reply to this with the last 2 pages.

Take Care all.

Charlie B

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »

Since limited to 6 attachments per posting I had to wait to post the last two pages here.

Hopefully the small differences in the sugar % of each will not be a problem.  All we can do is wait and see.

Take Care,

Charlie B

MatheaFord

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 07:37:20 PM »

Thanks for sharing.  Those with diabetes will likely have a few issues with the glucose difference but better to have the dialysate.
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 04:14:13 PM »

I just heard this rumor today from my nurse.  I noticed they changed the volume numbers.  Why?
jcanavera

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 07:53:27 AM »

Have not gotten this letter as of yet.  Supply issues are a problem.  They didn't send us any extraneal with our last order, with that supply backordered.  I got down to a weeks supply left and called customer support.  I told them I would be out within a week.  They got the back ordered supply to us on the day we were to run out.  It came UPS from a supplier in Texas.  You really have to stay on top of your supplies and make sure you call them when you reach a point that you have a one week supply of any back ordered fluid.  You would think that they would know what your supply is since you put that number in the order along with your usage.  Apparently no one is looking at this on back orders so don't assume they know you are running out.

Jack
jcanavera

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 07:42:30 PM »

I notice that our February and March deliveries were on time and complete.  I wonder if the imports have eased the crunch or if Baxter has been able to upgrade their production?  Has anyone noticed improvements in supply the last month or two?  Has anyone seen the European sized bags in their deliveries?

Jack
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 03:32:40 PM »

My March delivery was complete, jan and Feb not so.  But I got everything I needed in time.
jcanavera

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 05:50:32 AM »

Well just to answer my question we got a letter from Baxter.  They say deliveries should now be more complete and they have gotten through the bad times.  We will wait and see.  I wonder for those of you who have delivery challenges have dealt.  My Baxter driver says he has one patient where he has to hall boxes up two flights of stairs  I always felt lucky when we had a UPS delivery that they left the boxes on the front porch.  Only one step into the house. 

Jack
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »

Delivery yesterday, all there.

Got that same letter.  Just have to wait and see if they can keep everyone supplied on time.  Hope so.  Hated it when UPS leaves boxes outside the garage door.  I'm getting to much a wimp and get way too tired carrying even one box in, much worse five or six.  Then I just get them into the garage and move them in the house just a couple a day.  Yea, I'm becoming a real punk, just don't have the spiky hair. lol
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »