I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:03:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Burning/Pain In the feet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burning/Pain In the feet  (Read 3344 times)
stusainte

« on: November 18, 2014, 01:40:03 PM »

Hey Everyone :  Just had a Question  I have been getting a Burning sensation /Pain in my feet for about 3 months now My Dr put my on Gabapentin 200mg a day now I'm up to 400mg a day and the pain is getting worse is there anything else out there  to help with this its getting really aggravating  figured Id ask you guys before I called my Dr for an apt. any Help would be very appreciated Thanks Stu

It all started with a enlarged Prostate in 2009 (unaware at the time) witch lead the renal failure and 3liters in my bladder now 4years later I am at 20% function both kidneys and self catheterizing every 3 hours (not fun) to keep pressure off my Kidneys  Now need a stint put in (no apt yet on that but within 2 months trying to keep my chin up :) Dec 28th 2013 Had my Fistula put in left upper arm  Feb 3rd had to go in the artery collapsed but now its Nov 2014 and doing pretty good (No Dyalisis Yet)  Now Having burning/pain in my feet :(
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:32:13 AM »

I assume you are diabetic? If so, you are probably on the right track. However, look at your labs and check your Uric Acid. I went from August until last week unable to put any weight on my right foot. Finally, just by chatting with my dietician, I mentioned the pain and sure enough, I have high uric acid and that, is
GOUT!!!! Being medicated now, but got some pain relief by the second pill.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 05:20:16 AM »

Hello Stusainte, and may I extend a very warm  :welcomesign; to IHD...

I can't help with your query, I'm afraid, but you may be certain that someone on the site will...

We're a friendly, giving bunch... Happy to give of our time, and ourselves... Visit and engage with us often... You'll be glad you did...

God bless...

Darth... Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:11:56 AM »

Hello and welcome to IHD.  This is the intro thread.  You would get more answers if you put this under questions for general dialysis.  I'm glad you joined us.

Rerun, Admin   :welcomesign;

Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »

Hi there Stusainte, and welcome to IHD. I suffered from both Renal Neuropathy and Gout, both caused the burning sensation in my feet. I have the Gout under control with my transplant, but the Renal Neuropathy is still alive and well. My transplant team said if it had not resolved itself by 6 months after the transplant, I likely would have to live with it. I'm post transplant a year and it's still with me, guess I'll have it for a while. Best of luck!

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:05:05 AM »

Hi Stusainte,  it's great to meet you.  Welcome to the forum.         :welcomesign;      Hope you enjoy the forum, everyone is very helpful and really friendly here.

I have had foot neuropathy since a couple months post renal failure, which was back in August 2010....I've had the neuropathy since Oct. of 2010.  My doctor says its from the high toxins that I had at my renal failure that I've had too much nerve damage and its permanent. I was told that if I still had it post transplant that I'm stuck with it too.  I still to this day even 18 months post TX still have it  so I guess that I'm stuck with it too.  I was told that my tacrollimus (one of the anti-rejection meds) also can cause nerve pain
My creatinine was 27 (American conversion) at renal failure.....2400 in Canadian conversion.

I take Lyrica for it, but I have nerve pain in other areas of my body too, as the Lyrica doesn't even help my feet.  Doctor thinks I also have fib. I've often wondered if my blood pressure pills have something to do with my foot pain as I noticed the nerve pain issues in my feet surfaced when I was put on a Calcium channel blocker and I've had it since. Never had the foot pain right at renal failure, so I've often wondered about blood pressure pills side effects causing nerve pain, if there is some sort of link to that.

My problem is also severely cold feet also, no circulation. This developed when I went on a beta blocker at my transplant and I've had this other sensation ever since April of 2013 when I had my transplant. Feels like I walk in ice cubes pretty much constantly.  My foot doctor told me I have Reynaud's.

I've never had Gout. No one has ever said to me that my uric acid is high with having a transplanted kidney.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:19:45 AM by Cordelia » Logged

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »