I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:44:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Crit-Line Monitor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crit-Line Monitor  (Read 2575 times)
Cowdog

« on: October 31, 2014, 12:07:25 PM »

Crit-Line monitors were installed on all the machines in our unit about a month ago. I've read about them for several years and wanted one. The Crit-Line verified what I had always suspected that once the UF starts pulling my body dumps fluid into my vascular system so the depletion of fluid isn't really realized until the last hour of the treatment. The Crit-Line graph bumps along near the base line until the last hour then plummets.
During the last week I've set my pull up as usual with no profile. Once Hct Value is measured and the Crit-Line starts plotting to the graph I'm increasing my UFR to 1500 for the next 2 hours. This is to keep a steady increase in my Hct value and a steady downward trend on the graph. As I begin to feel the pull I'm lowering the UFR. Using this method I've been able to go below my current dry weight of 105 up to .5 without adverse effects.
Using the no Crit-Line, no profile method I experienced cramps during or after at least half of my treatments at the 105 DW or just above.
Shared that to ask for your experiences similar/good/bad using the Crit-Line monitor?

Also I'm a chronic low BP patient during treatment. Good BP when I come in 130s-140s/80s, down to 80s/60s during the show, back up to 100s/70s at the end when time to go. This hasn't changed with either UF method.

Thanks,
Billy

Hemo in Center since 11/2008
Self Cannulate since 2011
In Center Self Care since 2012
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 12:43:23 PM »

I am interested to know what figures you reach on the critline (we use them sometimes to check dry weights here) and my dropoff is always very steep in the first half an hour and we aren't supposed to go below -13 Blood volume though it doesn't make me feel ill when it does. I can cope with high fluid removal in the first 2 hours then I hit problems and can't always take the right amount off.
It seems there is no way of telling if your dry weight is going up and down, assuming all changes are fluid seems a little naive...

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 06:30:28 PM »

Interesting...

:waving; 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »