I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:02:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What's your favorite TV show right now?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite TV show right now?  (Read 50040 times)
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »

Hell on Wheels       Netflix
Cupcake

a good year for Chevys

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2019, 09:08:05 AM »

I'm working thru season 17 of Project Runway. Love the drama and the designs. Missing Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum who are developing another design series. Auf Wiedersehen!

PD for 2 years then living donor transplant October 2018.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2019, 09:34:54 AM »

I'm following so many different shows right now that it is difficult to finish any one series.

That said, I did finish "Jane the Virgin" which has been a bright spot on a bleak TV menu for some years now.

I'm also following HBO's "Years and Years" which is horrific on a whole different level.

I'm in Season 6 of "Orange is the New Black"; the final season 7 has just begun on Netflix.

Also on Netflix, we're watching "Dark", which is a pretty cool German show with time travel at the center of the plot.

I'm in the middle of Season 2 of "Big Little Lies" which I've liked more than I thought I would.  As brilliant as Meryl Streep has been in so many roles, her performance in BLL is her best work.  She's downright creepy.

It is really hard for me to find a free hour throughout the day to watch something on TV, but I do try to have some "me" time in the afternoon when it's too hot to get outdoors and work in the garden.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2019, 12:13:44 PM »

Summer season, rubbish and repeats on British TV, so I tend not to watch in the evening. During Dialysis I'm watching a Canadian cop show and a lot of quiz shows.

My favourite of the quiz shows is a show called Impossible. Like many shows it gives contestants a choice of three answers, with the twist is that one is correct, one is wrong, and one is impossible. EG "Which city in the USA is the nation's capital? A)Washington DC, B)New York, C) Vancouver." The correct answer is, of course A)Washington DC, the wrong answer is B)New York, the impossible answer is C) Vancouver, because the question states "Which city in the USA" and Vancouver isn't in the USA, it is in Canada.

If you get the correct answer, you win a point, get the wrong answer you don't. But pick the impossible answer and you are out of that game.

I enjoy it for two reasons. Firstly, I enjoy working out both the correct answer and the impossible answer (the actual questions are harder than the one I made up as an example) Secondly, the big prize is ten thousand pounds (about fourteen thousand dollars in good times), and if someone wins it, they don't get a cheque or a pile of paper money. They get ten thousand one pound coins. To give you some idea how big a load that is, throughout the show the money is displayed in a glass case, about two foot wide and ten or twelve foot high. If they win, the money comes tumbling out like a jackpot win from a gambolling machine, and the winner gets ecstatic. And I love watching them and thinking "Have you worked out how to get that home?"

(NOTE: this post was edited after Simon Dog replied, but it does not change his point, I was just correcting a typo that I saw in his quote from my post.)

(P.S. Anyone really, really bored and looking for something to do, can use this as a "spot the difference" puzzle. The script won't change the quote in SD's post, so if you are trying to kill time, "spot the difference".

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:02:14 AM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »

and I love watching them and thinking "Have you worked out how to get that home?*
Do you REALLY think it works that way?  My guess is they keep the coins for the next game and mail the check out in 3-6 months.  A former classmate was on Jeopardy and he was eventually paid - quite a few months later.   You would be amazed at the non-public stuff that is in appearance contracts for shows like that.

Taking home the cash as coins is about as real as those house hunting shows where the couple discusses and picks one of three house ..... which is actually one they already owned before filming started.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »

and I love watching them and thinking "Have you worked out how to get that home?*
Do you REALLY think it works that way?  My guess is they keep the coins for the next game and mail the check out in 3-6 months.

Spoilsport  :P

Actually I used to agree with you, but then the host came out and said that they really do give it in pound coins. And although I am not gullible enough to believe everything hosts say, there have been a hell of a lot of jackpot winners since the show started, and if he had been lying, Twitter and Facebook would have been awash with past winners calling him out. It wasn't. And I also doubt that the host would be stupid enough to say this if it were untrue, because he has been on TV long enough to know the career ruining media storm that might follow such a lie.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:54:47 AM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #156 on: September 27, 2019, 01:39:37 PM »

Mountain Monsters
Bringing up Bates
The Little Couple
Grey's Anatomy
Ghost Hunters
Some of what I put on my dvr.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2019, 09:13:14 PM »

Chicago P.D  pbs- Country Music !!! Emmylou Harris !! (sp) Amazing To watch how she transpired.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2020, 10:59:25 PM »

Just finished 3rd season of Ozark on Netflix. Some crazy plot twists for sure!
Now watching Chernobyl on HBO Max. Intense and incredible.
Watched a few episodes of Space Force. Some funny stuff, not sure if it's funny enough.
I might check out How to Get Away with Murder.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2020, 08:00:01 AM »

I've not seen Ozark but have heard lots of good things about it.  I'll get to it, eventually!

Chernobyl was very good, indeed.  I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I do like Space Force.  There is a goodness in it that I find appealing.  It's not high art, but is fun.

There are so many good things out there to watch and so little time to watch everything!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2020, 11:46:59 AM »

I've not seen Ozark but have heard lots of good things about it.  I'll get to it, eventually!

Chernobyl was very good, indeed.  I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I do like Space Force.  There is a goodness in it that I find appealing.  It's not high art, but is fun.

There are so many good things out there to watch and so little time to watch everything!

Hi MooseMom!  :waving;
I agree about Space Force. So topical right now, and silly.  :clap;

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »

Hi, okarol!  I hope all is well with you and that no one in your family has the covid cooties.

Coincidentally, I've finished Space Force just last night, and again, there is a sweetness about the show that is comforting.  I do hope we will see a Season 2!  I suspect we will need lots of fun silliness sooner rather than later.

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2020, 12:57:48 PM »

Hi, okarol!  I hope all is well with you and that no one in your family has the covid cooties.

Coincidentally, I've finished Space Force just last night, and again, there is a sweetness about the show that is comforting.  I do hope we will see a Season 2!  I suspect we will need lots of fun silliness sooner rather than later.

We are all good - super cautious in our self-quarantine bubble to keep Jenna and her kidney transplant safe. No contact with any outsiders until California numbers are greatly improved. xoxox

Hereware

« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2020, 04:01:23 AM »

currently watching reruns of Hell's Kitchen
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2020, 01:41:19 PM »

Just watched "All the King's men" (1949) with Broderick Crawford (great actor & very convincing indeed) and it certainly is one of the best movies and very thought-provoking !!!

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Hereware

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2021, 07:22:12 AM »

I am currently watching The Crown on Netflix, and I find it really interesting
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2021, 08:06:03 AM »

I'm watching so many things right now.  We're re-entering the Star Trek universe with "Picard" and "Discovery".  Staying in the sci-fi genre, we're also watching "The Expanse".

I'm also watching two foreign language tv series on Netflix which I'm really enjoying.  One is the Spanish drama "Money Heist" which is a crime thriller with a twist, and the other is "Call My Agent", which is a French comedy about a talent agency based in Paris.  The hook is the appearance in each episode of a real actor who sort of plays a parody of themselves.  The fourth and final season has just been released on Netflix, and Sigourney Weaver loved the series so much that she asked to be in an episode, script unseen!  It is very funny, sophisticated, and clever. 

Does anyone here like foreign language tv/movies?  Or, perhaps I should say "non-English".

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2021, 01:53:08 AM »

Does anyone here like foreign language tv/movies?  Or, perhaps I should say "non-English".

Hello MooseMom and yes, I love to watch non-English-movies and YouTube makes it ever so easy and assists us a lot to keep up with different languages and to keep “those little grey cells” busy. I particularly love to watch political French movies, they are often extremely well thought through and I also love to watch Italian fun movies and/or German soul-searching-movies and it is inspiring and great fun. I also love to watch English and American movies, especially the 1930-1950’s classics.
It is great fun and might even be a good idea to start watching a fascinating film in a non-English-language with English or whatever subtitles etc., because that helps to either learn a new language or it helps to “bush up” an almost forgotten language, which can be such a wonderful positive experience... and ... it is never too late to learn something new, even if it is a new language and YouTube is just really great for us all to be there at this moment in time ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2021, 11:00:27 AM »

I can't stand dubbed films, so we always watch with English subtitles.  I really enjoy listening to the various accents.  For instance, in Spain's "Money Heist", you can tell that some of the characters are from the south of the country just from their accent. 

A really great political tv series is from Belgium, called "Borgen", which is the name of their parliament.  I know it was very popular in the UK, but I am not sure where you would access it.  It was so popular that they are reassembling the original cast and are doing a new set of episodes.

You're right...it's never too late to learn something new.

burford

« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2021, 03:18:53 AM »

We have started watching Mandalorian with my wife recently. I'm a big Star Wars fan but couldn't have the time to watch the great series so far. The only problem is my wife really hates any sci-fi.. But anyway it's making me happy to see that she's getting along even though she doesn't like it. Last year we have watched all the Star Wars movies at our property in Lisbon with my daughter for the first time. Now, watching Mandalorian with my wife is the second best thing in my life...
JW77

« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2021, 09:48:02 AM »

Repeats of Dr Who on Flix (pre JF episodes) Matt Smith et al are brilliant.
Also loads of stuff on Netflix Tribes of Europa is very enjoyable.  Looking forward to some new series  Lucifer :) Fantastic! 

Creator of London Kidney Social: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonKidneySocial/

Medical stuff, includes 3 kidneys, cancer, meningitis, 1 heart attack and its long and not that interesting! Maybe one day I'll write a book.! `

I have an eclectic taste in music, I fly kites, I read, write, tog, blog and have a bit of a passion for multicellular eukaryotes, and kites.

Founder of Kites4Kidneys - Start making your kites for WKD 2015..
https://www.facebook.com/kites4kidneys
Hereware

« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2021, 12:26:42 AM »

I really like New Amsterdam on Netflix right now. It kinds of reminded me of The Good Doctor because of the hospital setup and all. Great show!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2021, 01:28:05 AM »

I really like New Amsterdam on Netflix right now. It kinds of reminded me of The Good Doctor because of the hospital setup and all. Great show!

Hello Hereware and thanks for the idea. I just had it checked-up and tried to understand "New Amsterdam" and perhaps it might be on Youtube soon?

... Mind you, I sometimes experience some difficulties in understanding new movies and the "murmured" spoken language, which is often hard to understand for people, whose first language is not English...

... But in most of the old movies one can always understand every single word and the actors also made a great effort "in the olden days" to speak very clearly  ...  :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Hereware

« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2021, 12:53:37 AM »

Hi Kristina,

I'm not sure it's gonna be on Youtube anytime soon. I think it's exclusive on Netflix.

I feel you. Some of the shows and movies now are hard to understand especially when the actors are like whispering or some sort. I think that's why subtitles are made, it's not just for those international films. I think they also know it's hard to understand some actors sometimes.
frugallyzing

« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2021, 06:16:38 AM »

I like that one too. It's ironic that he has cancer.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »