I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 04:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
528664 Posts in 33235 Topics by 12317 Members
Latest Member: Caregivingsister
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want. (Moderator: Charlie B53)
| | |-+  What's your favorite TV show right now?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite TV show right now?  (Read 21901 times)
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »

Hell on Wheels       Netflix
Cupcake

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2019, 09:08:05 AM »

I'm working thru season 17 of Project Runway. Love the drama and the designs. Missing Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum who are developing another design series. Auf Wiedersehen!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2019, 09:34:54 AM »

I'm following so many different shows right now that it is difficult to finish any one series.

That said, I did finish "Jane the Virgin" which has been a bright spot on a bleak TV menu for some years now.

I'm also following HBO's "Years and Years" which is horrific on a whole different level.

I'm in Season 6 of "Orange is the New Black"; the final season 7 has just begun on Netflix.

Also on Netflix, we're watching "Dark", which is a pretty cool German show with time travel at the center of the plot.

I'm in the middle of Season 2 of "Big Little Lies" which I've liked more than I thought I would.  As brilliant as Meryl Streep has been in so many roles, her performance in BLL is her best work.  She's downright creepy.

It is really hard for me to find a free hour throughout the day to watch something on TV, but I do try to have some "me" time in the afternoon when it's too hot to get outdoors and work in the garden.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Paul

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2019, 12:13:44 PM »

Summer season, rubbish and repeats on British TV, so I tend not to watch in the evening. During Dialysis I'm watching a Canadian cop show and a lot of quiz shows.

My favourite of the quiz shows is a show called Impossible. Like many shows it gives contestants a choice of three answers, with the twist is that one is correct, one is wrong, and one is impossible. EG "Which city in the USA is the nation's capital? A)Washington DC, B)New York, C) Vancouver." The correct answer is, of course A)Washington DC, the wrong answer is B)New York, the impossible answer is C) Vancouver, because the question states "Which city in the USA" and Vancouver isn't in the USA, it is in Canada.

If you get the correct answer, you win a point, get the wrong answer you don't. But pick the impossible answer and you are out of that game.

I enjoy it for two reasons. Firstly, I enjoy working out both the correct answer and the impossible answer (the actual questions are harder than the one I made up as an example) Secondly, the big prize is ten thousand pounds (about fourteen thousand dollars in good times), and if someone wins it, they don't get a cheque or a pile of paper money. They get ten thousand one pound coins. To give you some idea how big a load that is, throughout the show the money is displayed in a glass case, about two foot wide and ten or twelve foot high. If they win, the money comes tumbling out like a jackpot win from a gambolling machine, and the winner gets ecstatic. And I love watching them and thinking "Have you worked out how to get that home?"

(NOTE: this post was edited after Simon Dog replied, but it does not change his point, I was just correcting a typo that I saw in his quote from my post.)

(P.S. Anyone really, really bored and looking for something to do, can use this as a "spot the difference" puzzle. The script won't change the quote in SD's post, so if you are trying to kill time, "spot the difference".

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:02:14 AM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Simon Dog
Elite Member

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »

and I love watching them and thinking "Have you worked out how to get that home?*
Do you REALLY think it works that way?  My guess is they keep the coins for the next game and mail the check out in 3-6 months.  A former classmate was on Jeopardy and he was eventually paid - quite a few months later.   You would be amazed at the non-public stuff that is in appearance contracts for shows like that.

Taking home the cash as coins is about as real as those house hunting shows where the couple discusses and picks one of three house ..... which is actually one they already owned before filming started.
Paul

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »

and I love watching them and thinking "Have you worked out how to get that home?*
Do you REALLY think it works that way?  My guess is they keep the coins for the next game and mail the check out in 3-6 months.

Spoilsport  :P

Actually I used to agree with you, but then the host came out and said that they really do give it in pound coins. And although I am not gullible enough to believe everything hosts say, there have been a hell of a lot of jackpot winners since the show started, and if he had been lying, Twitter and Facebook would have been awash with past winners calling him out. It wasn't. And I also doubt that the host would be stupid enough to say this if it were untrue, because he has been on TV long enough to know the career ruining media storm that might follow such a lie.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:54:47 AM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »