I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What's your favorite TV show right now?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite TV show right now?  (Read 49863 times)
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2015, 12:40:02 AM »

When you need a good laugh
its gotta be seinfeld and everbody loves raymond

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2015, 02:28:35 AM »

I enjoy at the moment some of the 1959-1963 TV-series "The Untouchables"... (courtesy of youtube)
Based on the memoir of the same name by Eliot Ness and Oscar Fraley, it fictionalized Ness' experiences as a Prohibition agent,
fighting crime in Chicago in the 1930s with the help of a special team of agents handpicked for their courage,
moral character and incorruptibility, nicknamed "The Untouchables".
The acting by Robert Stack and all the other actors is very impressive ...

I loved that series! I also liked the movie version with Kevin Costner, Sean Connery (he's one of my faves) and Robert De Niro (another one of my favorites). However, the movie was directed by Brian De Palma and his movies are known to be very explicit and violent, so I warn people...

Thank you PrimeTimer, I shall look into it on youtube and I shall be careful because of your kind warning ...
... One of the reasons why some of "The Untouchables" are so very interesting to watch,
is because lots of thinking has gone into how to approach every single challenge ...
... and the series gives the "onlooker" a good chance to follow the very clever thinking-process ...
Thanks again and best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:29:36 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »

Pawn Stars -I hate most reality shows but like the interesting items that walk thru their door and how they provide historical facts. Also like the "old man" and how he doesn't put up with squat from the others.

Turner Classic Movie Channel -particularly old "film noirs" and the fact that it's commercial free!

The Kelly File
The First 48 Hours -I was never in law enforcement. Let's just say that my past life involved a lot of investigating and who-dunnits.
Cops -I am always amazed by the patience and courage these cops have with the idiots and meth heads they must encounter.
Bait Car -love watching "instant justice" being served.

Buh bye, Kelly!

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
JW77

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »

Looking forward to the latest Dr Who series featuring a local actor (yes 3 Dr's have lived in my area!)

Just finished watching Sense8 a great SciFan show on Netflix  starting on Pinky Blinders, also on Netflix..

I'll usually watch anything from Star Trek to NCIS on dialysis of an afternoon:)

Beginning of all the winter season series on terrestrial telly, the beeb etc so its all good:)  :bandance;

Creator of London Kidney Social: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonKidneySocial/

Medical stuff, includes 3 kidneys, cancer, meningitis, 1 heart attack and its long and not that interesting! Maybe one day I'll write a book.! `

I have an eclectic taste in music, I fly kites, I read, write, tog, blog and have a bit of a passion for multicellular eukaryotes, and kites.

Founder of Kites4Kidneys - Start making your kites for WKD 2015..
https://www.facebook.com/kites4kidneys
lainiepop

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2015, 11:46:52 AM »

What did u think of Sense8 okarol?

We just watched the first series of Orange Is The New Black on netflix as it's been a big hit but I'm not sure about it tbh, it's not my usual thing but then I wanted to know what happened next.

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2015, 06:17:42 PM »

What did u think of Sense8 okarol?

I haven't seen it. Still catching up and watching Lost, Ray Donovan, Bar Rescue and Fixer Upper :)

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
lainiepop

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2015, 05:34:45 AM »

Oops sorry okarol I meant jw77 lol. What season of lost are u on?

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
mcjane

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2015, 11:02:31 PM »

Survivor because it's real and not scripted like most reality.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2015, 03:16:42 PM »

The Voice

lainiepop

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2015, 09:49:36 AM »

Currently watching season 1 of secrets and lies just aired in the UK. And finally got to see season 3 of orphan black :)

1984 - urostomy op
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »

Big Bang,  I cn relate to most of the Nerds.
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2015, 04:40:17 AM »

Must be the hidden adventurer in me but I am liking these Alaska "reality" shows. The Last Frontier, Yukon Men, and The Last Alaskans. I always felt I could live like that  ... now I guess I need power for this %#$* machine.......

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2015, 12:01:55 AM »

I am really liking HOMELAND. It's really good right now, and INTENSE!

Survivor because it's real and not scripted like most reality.

It's GREAT!

Oops sorry okarol I meant jw77 lol. What season of lost are u on?

I keep trying to start it. Hopefully soon.

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2015, 11:38:49 AM »

The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes 1970 complete full movie in English 1 hour 53 min (courtesy of youtube)
with (one of my favourite actors) Robert Graham Stephens.
I mention this film, because it is one of the very few and rare productions,
where "Sherlock Holmes" does not appear with a touch of superciliousness and arrogance ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »

My Big Fat Fabulous Life is entertaining.  She and her Mom have wicked senses of humor.  Her No BS - no body shame campaign is really taking off.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »

Champions (1984)  ... (courtesy of youtube) 1 hour 50 mins.
True story about the wonderful art of survival... Bob Champion, a professional British steeple chase jockey was diagnosed in the late 1970s with cancer. Rather than succumb to the disease, however, he fights it with courage and endurance and stages a miraculous recovery ...  and goes on to win the 1981 Grand National steeple chase on the horse Aldaniti.
Director:
 John Irvin
Writers:
 Bob Champion (autobiography: Champion's Story)
Stars:
 John Hurt (one of the best British character actors), Edward Woodward, Gregory Jones, Mick Dillon and many others, see full cast & crew ...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2015, 06:44:56 AM »

I watch very little TV, but my regulars are Masterpiece Theater and Masterpiece Mystery.  I think The Good Wife is a very intelligent, well-written and well-acted show.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2015, 08:54:19 AM »

I've just finished Narcos on Netflix and have the finale yet to see of The Bridge (the original Danish version).

I'm loving The Knick; there are so many good shows on right now.  We have so many on our DVR queue.  We haven't even started Fargo!  One of our local PBS stations shows foreign TV series, and we're watching Unit One (Danish) and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.  We also haven't started the most recent Orphan Black season.  So much to watch, so little time.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:58:31 AM by MooseMom » Logged

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Warborg

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2017, 09:11:32 PM »

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I was thinking of creating one just like this one.

I like to watch super hero shows...so I watch all of the ones on CW
The walking dead
Wrestling
a few space shows out there.
Sometimes I'll even watch a cheap syfy show.

I don't like this new style of only making about 10 episodes per season then cramming another show right behind it.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2017, 10:58:03 PM »

Recent faves: Better Call Saul. Game of Thrones. Donovan. Fixer Upper. Million Dollar Listing. The Profit.

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2017, 06:33:40 AM »

One of my all-time favourite movie-films (on DVD) is : Follow the Sun, the 1951 biographical film of the life of golf legend Ben Hogan (August 13, 1912 – July 25, 1997). It stars Glenn Ford as Ben Hogan and Anne Baxter as his wife. Many golfers and sports figures of the day appear in the movie as well.
In Fort Worth, Texas, Ben Hogan (Glenn Ford) works as a golf caddy to help support his family. He romances and marries Valerie Fox (Anne Baxter), then, with her support, decides to become a professional golfer. At first, Hogan has very little success, but he gradually improves. Meanwhile, the Hogans become friends with Chuck Williams (Dennis O'Keefe), a popular fellow pro. After serving in the military for World Disaster II, Hogan returns to golfing and eventually becomes a top player. However, he acquires an image of a robotic, cold competitor, because the watching crowds and analyzing newspaper articles make him feel uncomfortable to play his golf and so he tries very hard to concentrate on his golf and that's how it came that in the press he was called "The Texas Iceberg"...
... After winning a tournament (beating Williams), Hogan became very seriously injured in a horrific car accident. Doctors hold out little hope for him ever recovering or even walking, let alone golfing again. But, during his convalescence, Hogan is amazed and grateful by the outpouring of regard for him from his fans and it inspires him greatly... Through sheer determination and the help of his wife and his fans, he recovers and goes on to win the 1950 US Open Golf Championship to become one of the greatest golfers of his time.
... With hardly anything going for him, except his sheer determination, Ben Hogan demonstrates, how to approach the impossible and overcome all sorts of obstacles ...  and whenever I feel a little "down", I watch again this film as a sort of "medicine" to feel encouraged and continue with my own efforts as best as I can.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:39:13 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2017, 07:47:46 AM »

My husband and I love Better Call Saul and Fargo.  Fargo is a little bloody for my taste, but hubby tells me when to look and when to hide!  We have been watching Longmire on Netflix and gotten really into it.  I also have watched 13 Reasons Why on Netflix.  Excellent show, but hard to watch. 

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2017, 08:01:11 PM »

My only MUST WATCH RELIGIOUSLY show is The Late Show w/Stephen Colbert

I like all flavors of NCIS, and Criminal Minds, though I have a feeling that Beyond Borders has been canned.
Bull, the new Michael Weatherly show is pretty good.
Amazing Race Canada has just started, I think it's in in 3rd or 4th episode.  I also watch the American version when it's on.
I've been DVRing Still Star Crossed and Salvation.  I like SSC, but I haven't started Salvation yet.

I like to watch people cook, so I tend to watch a lot of Food Network, especially on weekends.  I like the Pioneer Woman, Chopped, and anything Guy Fieri or Rachel Ray is involved with.  I also tend to watch the different flavors of Say Yes to the Dress, though only cuz my mom is watching it. *L*

My Netfix shows are House of Cards, Stranger Things, all flavors of Star Trek, the Dragons series (I think the last few seasons are called Race to the Edge). I also watched Agatha Christie's Poirot on Netflix.  I remember watching those years ago on A&E.  I watched The Crown, which isn't too bad.  Lately, though, I've been mostly watching cartoons and kids shows while in dialysis.

Oh, can't forget Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.  I record Jeopardy on the Seattle channel, because the Boston channel will prempt it with some kind of football show.  I hate football.  The Boston CBS is all New England Patriots.  I understand covering the local team, but even when it's not football season, at least one story on the local news involves the Patriots.  It's annoying as.. well.. you know *L*

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
JW77

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2017, 02:00:12 AM »

Totally Enjoying King Julian (EXCILED) on Netflix, Dreamworks genius and you wonder what the writers are smoking, so many nifty references to other films, genres and the odd healthy innuendo!

Also Dr Who..  Lady Dr..  The debate goes on.    The Girl is loving BBC Poldark..  Both been watching Zoo as well

Creator of London Kidney Social: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonKidneySocial/

Medical stuff, includes 3 kidneys, cancer, meningitis, 1 heart attack and its long and not that interesting! Maybe one day I'll write a book.! `

I have an eclectic taste in music, I fly kites, I read, write, tog, blog and have a bit of a passion for multicellular eukaryotes, and kites.

Founder of Kites4Kidneys - Start making your kites for WKD 2015..
https://www.facebook.com/kites4kidneys
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »

Also Dr Who..  Lady Dr..  The debate goes on.   

Would there be this much "debate" if the new Dr. was black?

Broadchurch, GoT, Master of None, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Dicte (and other Scandi tv series), Orange is the New Black, The Carmichael Show...so much good TV to watch!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »