I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What's your favorite TV show right now?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite TV show right now?  (Read 49859 times)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« on: October 27, 2014, 02:58:04 PM »

I was looking for something new to watch since some shows are ending now. I loved Ray Donovan and The Bridge.
I power-watched House of Cards, which was really good. I have never seen The Wire so may get that from Netflix.
I also heard Once Upon A Time is addicting.
Any other recommendations?

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »

Just recently came across it.
Did enjoy 'Hallmarks' The Good Witch, series.

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
goofball

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:40:42 PM »

90 day fiance
Judge Judy
Face Off (it's a really cool art contest)
The First 48

APKD - 47yr-old

Renal Diet Chef
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »

The Big Bang Theory  (Just well written great characters)
NCIS
Pawn Stars
Band of Brothers (Stunningly Realistic)
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »

Pawn Stars -I hate most reality shows but like the interesting items that walk thru their door and how they provide historical facts. Also like the "old man" and how he doesn't put up with squat from the others.

Turner Classic Movie Channel -particularly old "film noirs" and the fact that it's commercial free!

The Kelly File
The First 48 Hours -I was never in law enforcement. Let's just say that my past life involved a lot of investigating and who-dunnits.
Cops -I am always amazed by the patience and courage these cops have with the idiots and meth heads they must encounter.
Bait Car -love watching "instant justice" being served.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:29:14 PM by PrimeTimer » Logged

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 01:39:36 AM »

Lost all interest in Greys Anatomy, but love all the NCIS episodes, Hawaii 5-0, Blue Bloods, 2 Broke Girls, 2 & 1/2 men, stalker, gosh, the lists are endless all of a sudden. Best of all Blacklist!!! James Spader is awesome.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 02:15:35 AM »

I very much like to watch the History Channel.
Some of the stories take only about one hour
and I appreciate how illuminating many of them are in that very short time...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »

Right now I'm really enjoying The Knick and Homeland.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 02:27:57 AM »

I sometimes watch on youtube the most fascinating stories about US-crime-investigations...
and their way of investigation is often very illuminating and extremely helpful to learn for anyone
who might be "getting stuck" whilst investigating some questions in their own field ...
I particularly liked an US-series shown on youtube, where two ladies, a lawyer and a forensic investigator
exhibited a most intelligent way how to investigate very professionally and their special way of investigation
inspired me very much, in how to tackling some of my own questions and how to get answers in my own field...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
frankswife

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »

Right now it's American Horror Story. I recently watched all 8 seasons of Weeds and all 3 seasons of United States of Tara on Netflix and loved both of them.

"If we all abandon our posts, who then will stand?" St. Augustine
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 07:52:21 AM »

Right now it's American Horror Story. I recently watched all 8 seasons of Weeds and all 3 seasons of United States of Tara on Netflix and loved both of them.

I loved The United States of Tara!  Are you and I the only ones who watched that show?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
frankswife

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »

Moose mom I was really hoping they'd bring Tara back. The ending left you hanging.

"If we all abandon our posts, who then will stand?" St. Augustine
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »

Ncis (original

Bbt

Homeland

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 01:47:29 PM »

Most are on break or ended now. Hard to find anything to watch.
Project Runway
Homeland
Ray Donovan
Downton Abby

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »

I have discovered this on u-tube and it is most interesting:
Homicide Hunter Season with Lt. J. Kenna "chairing" and explaining different Episodes...
For example : 3 Episode 13 - Blood Sisters ...
Lt. J. Kenna  is one of those rare persons, who is able to logically "sum it all up" in very few words without any "frills"...
... and because he "has practically seen it all", he appears to have become quite philosophical about "things"...
Very impressive...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
lainiepop

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 06:27:39 AM »

At the moment I'm watching 'Revenge.' On season 2 now, am loving it!!

Also watching season 2 of Broadchurch not sure if that's in the US?

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 06:37:46 AM »

I love Revenge.  We have watched it from day 1.  Season 2 is good, season 3 is getting a little on the ridiculous side and the current season is just getting ludicrous.  But hey, I've gotten this far and I want to see it through to the end.

My current favorite is Empire.  It's on FOX.  It just started right after the holidays.  You can catch up on Fox on Demand.

At the moment I'm watching 'Revenge.' On season 2 now, am loving it!!

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 08:39:55 AM »

I've just finished watching the first season of Broadchurch on Netflix!  I LOVE that show!  Season 2 starts here on BBC America next month.  Can't wait!

Cattlekid, I am also really enjoying Empire!

I'm following Justified; this is its last season. 

We've started watching Backstrom on Fox.  I love Scandinavian crime books/series and TV series, and Backstrom is supposed to be based on a character in one of those series, and I'm not sure I like it.  There are things I really like about it, but Rainn Wilson seems to be trying too hard; I suspect he has to grow into and mellow down his character.

I like the new comedy Fresh off the Boat.

On Netflix, I've just finished The Politician's Husband (with Broadchurch's David Tennant and Emily Mortimer, two faves of mine) and will be starting The Fall (Gillian Anderson of X-Files fame).

There are so many good things on offer but not enough time.  I can't sit still long enough to binge watch, although with temps outside in the single digits, I guess this is the perfect time for that.

lainiepop

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »

Moosemom its the last episode of season 2 broad church tonight, I think will be a cliffhanger to mean a season 3. The 2nd season has had a lot of criticism but I guess it would be difficult to live up to the first season. I'm enjoying it tho.

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 12:13:26 PM »

Moosemom its the last episode of season 2 broad church tonight, I think will be a cliffhanger to mean a season 3. The 2nd season has had a lot of criticism but I guess it would be difficult to live up to the first season. I'm enjoying it tho.

I've been reading in the online editions of some British newspapers about the criticism of Season 2 (while avoiding spoilers!), but that's not going to stop me from enjoying it when it comes next month.  I can understand how most people might most enjoy the "whodunit" aspect of a show, but I am also interested in the aftermath.  What happens in a small town after such a terrible thing has happened?  Can't wait!  You must let me know if the finale tonight does indeed end with a cliffhanger.  I'd love a season 3!

lainiepop

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 02:44:36 PM »

Just watched the broad church season n 2 finale. No cliffhanger but said there will be a season 3 :) you must let me know what u think of it when it airs in the US, 2 storylines run this season, the aftermath obviously and the case Hardy didn't solve that haunted him before he came to broad church. So no idea what they,all do with season 3. Broad church is filmed not that far from us and last week we went for a walk on the beach there and saw the newsagents, beaver scouts hall and the police building (which is actually an apartment block!) It was freezing cold but think will go back in the summer!!

Oh other thing am watching is final season of the mentalist

1984 - urostomy op
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 10:15:14 PM »

Lainie, that is so cool that you live that close to fictious Broadchurch, and I am so glad there will be a season three.  I will be sure to give you my review of season two.

The series finale of The Mentalist aired just last week over here.  It ended on a sweet note.

Are there any other series from the UK that you like anf think might find their way over here?  Do you watch Peaky Blinders?  I have that on my Netflix queue.  Oh, hubbie and I are watching Grantchester which follows right after Downton Abbey.  When I was in the UK last October, I saw the first two eps on ITV and thought that US viewers might like it, so I was really pleased to see it come to our telly boxes!

noahvale
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 10:20:38 PM »

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:43:18 AM by noahvale » Logged
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 01:13:05 AM »

Whenever I have time, I continue to watch (on u-tube) different episodes
of the Homicide Hunter Season with Lt. J. Kenna "chairing" and explaining different cases ...
I wish we had someone like him - with such a knife-sharp logic - playing a decisive part at Scotland Yard ...
... could be a blessing for the country... and we could perhaps have many cases solved ...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
lainiepop

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 06:38:34 AM »

Forgot , also in the UK out now is 'Murder in The First.' Am enjoying that!

Moosemom I watched Grantchester, quite enjoyed it, if u liked that you'd prob like the detective series 'Inspector George Gently.' Don't know if that's in US?

Other British recommendations from netflix form me are Luther (detective), Sherlock, Whitechapel ans 'Jonatathan Creek (bit of an old series, the new ones aren't so good, when they change one of the main characters but a diff take on crime solving (a reporter and a guy who makes up magic tricks solve unsolvable crimes, plenty of laughs between the 2 main characters. ) They r all on netflix UK dunno about US?

karol we watched  while ago 'The Tunnel' which sounds like 'The Bridge', a body found in the middle of channel tunnel so involves both UK and French detectives.

Have watched the Killing, (US version) not yet seen the 4th series.

Am waiting for the next series of Castle at the mo, and am watching season 4 of Grimm and Supernatural.

Kind of embarrassed to say but I alos watching season 5 of dance Moms , love it lol!!!

What would u all say your all time favourite show is? From whenever?

1984 - urostomy op
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »