I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What's your favorite TV show right now?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite TV show right now?  (Read 49871 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2018, 07:00:11 AM »

Just watched an episode of "The FBI files documentary" ... absolutely awesome !!! The way the FBI-officers work and think it all out before they proceed is just stunning! Compliments to America to have developed such an awesome intelligent investigatory & forensic national security organisation ... Hopefully some Scotland Yard officers watch some of these episodes to perhaps get some inspiration, because when listening to some of the elderly former Scotland Yard officers, New Scotland Yard seems to have "lost the plot"...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:16:09 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2018, 01:40:55 PM »

And England is going home, after losing from Croatia. :(

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2018, 01:45:09 PM »

Just watched an episode of "The FBI files documentary" ... absolutely awesome !!! The way the FBI-officers work and think it all out before they proceed is just stunning! Compliments to America to have developed such an awesome intelligent investigatory & forensic national security organisation ... Hopefully some Scotland Yard officers watch some of these episodes to perhaps get some inspiration, because when listening to some of the elderly former Scotland Yard officers, New Scotland Yard seems to have "lost the plot"...

Trump hates the FBI and believes nothing the intelligence services have to say about Trump's campaign's ties with Russia.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2018, 01:47:32 PM »

And England is going home, after losing from Croatia. :(

England scored too soon.  LOL!

Croatia just had fresher legs in extra time, and England playing with 10 men didn't help.

But Gareth Southgate has put together a team that England should be proud of, a team that is young and that should be just growing stronger as the next international tournament (the Euros, I guess) approaches.  I'm really optimistic!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2018, 10:17:47 AM »

... I still watch occasionally some episodes of "The FBI files documentary" ... courtesy of youtube ... and the knife-sharp-logic of these FBI-officers is very impressive and I am wondering whether these officers are especially employed because of their high IQ ? Even when they describe their thoughts on "circumstantial evidence", their logic and how they arrive at their conclusion is just awesome and stunning ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »

I'm still mourning the loss of "Lucifer".

You do that all the time in America. You create a brilliant TV show, then you cancel it. First it was "Haven", now it is "Lucifer".

In Britain we know how to run with a good series. We are soon to start a new season of (IMHO) the world's greatest ever TV show. A series that started in 1963.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »

Paul, are you referring to Doctor Who?

I agree with you for the most part about the all of the shows that are prematurely cancelled here in the US.  If it is not a hit from the very start, its days can be numbered.

Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2018, 11:57:58 PM »

Paul, are you referring to Doctor Who?

I said " the world's greatest ever TV show", so obviously I am talking about Dr Who! :)

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2018, 11:42:14 AM »

Come to the end of Grimm, so am trying out Sleepy Hollow to replace it. It is good, but not as good as Grimm.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2018, 02:36:39 PM »

Summer is pretty much the dead season for TV series here in the US.  Our screens are filled with reality shows that I'm not all that interested in.  So we've been watching some foreign TV series on either DVD or Netflix, the latest being The Bureau (French).

Does anyone else here like "foreign" (non US) TV?  Anyone have any recommendations?

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2018, 02:54:45 PM »

Does anyone else here like "foreign" (non US) TV?  Anyone have any recommendations?

Our Arlington VA library system has a good collection of foreign movies (not TV) with new movies coming in throughout the month. You rarely will see the good movies on the shelves, as people I like my wife activity uses the holds system to get in the queu for popular DVDs.  The wait can be quite long for the forgien films as they might have only one DVD unless it’s very popular.

On Amazon we enjoyed the three episode A Very British Scandal with Huge Grant. The first episode was a tad slow setting up the gay content and communicating the problems they encountered back when Buggery was a crime. After that it had more intrigue.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2018, 02:59:52 PM »

Also on some flights I watched a few episodes of Business Men versus Aliens on Amazon Prime streaming (downloaded). It’s a very simple show, very cheesy, in Japanese with subtitles but I kept watching it due to a the completely brainless sort of entertaining content. 

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2018, 07:39:27 PM »

Does anyone else here like "foreign" (non US) TV?

Oh yeah, I watch it all the time! :)

Cupcake

a good year for Chevys

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »

'Shetland' is a great Scottish police drama- good looking detective and beautiful scenery

PD for 2 years then living donor transplant October 2018.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2018, 06:25:12 PM »

Our favorite tv show right now is Live PD. Favorite cop is Master Sergeant Deputy "shut your freakin' mouth" Baker.  :police: :police: :cheer: :cheer:

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
SweetyPie

« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2018, 09:46:15 PM »

Invest in hulu commercial free 12 dollars a month. That makes dialysis go by fast.
Naynay99

« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2018, 07:01:10 PM »

I’m watching “Better call Saul”- it’s a spin-off prequel in the same world as Breaking Bad.  But it’s a very different show than BB.  I recommend it (but I think you need to have seen BB to totally appreciate it).
I recently caught up on the last season of This is Us.
Otherwise I mostly watch reruns of Frazier, Seinfeld, or Don’t laugh- I will watch golden girls or Little house on the Prairie when I just need some background noise. . Or dumb reality shows like Chopped or House hunters.  .   
I also watch reruns of I love Lucy while getting ready in the morning. 
There really isn’t much to watch. But I Look forward to Homeland coming back this winter. 
Will have to check out some of the shows mentioned here.
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2018, 01:01:33 PM »

Don’t laugh- I will watch golden girls or Little house on the Prairie

Why would we laugh? Neither is a show I enjoy, but they were both hugely successful, so people like me must be in the minority.

Taste is a personal thing. What one person loves another hates, and vice versa. There is no reason to laugh at someone just because they like something that you do not.

(Except for people who think Star Trek is a better show than Dr Who. Those people are just plain insane!)

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2018, 12:51:07 AM »

Love "Better Call Saul"
Can't wait for "Ray Donovan" and "Game of Thrones" to start again.
Just started watching "Mayans" and like it so far.
A friend is an extra on "Shameless" so I usually watch it.
"Survivor" is pretty good. I cannot believe how long that show has been on.
When nothing else is on I watch "Forensic Files."
 :waving; :waving; :waving;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #144 on: December 25, 2018, 05:13:20 PM »

:santahat;  Some TV channels have a weird idea of what constitutes "Christmas spirit" Just gone midnight here, and have just finished watching a late Christmas movie. The Plot was basically: Santa Clause Vs hordes of zombie elves! Glad it is well past bedtime for the kids, would have traumatised the young ones...and some of the older ones.

Naynay99

« Reply #145 on: December 25, 2018, 06:29:43 PM »

Wow. Sounds disturbing. 
I always wondered why they always show The Sound of Music at Christmas time.
I enjoy watching it but never understood how it became an Xmas time show. 
I mean, Nazis don’t seem very holiday-y. 
Ah well   Right now I’m watching A Christmas story- you’ll shoot your eye out!

Sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 12:12:52 AM by cassandra » Logged
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2019, 05:29:27 AM »

When I heard that Murphy Brown was being brought back, I couldn't wait, and I was not disappointed.

I loved the show as a kid, and thought it funny that it ticked off the Conservative govt at the time.

I love how they kept the running gag of Murphy not being able to keep an assistant and that they didn't write out the Jim Dial character, considering that the actor who plays him is in his 80s.

I am eagerly awaiting the second season.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »

Trump hates the FBI and believes nothing the intelligence services have to say about Trump's campaign's ties with Russia.

... That just goes to show how clever  :bow;  the FBI intelligence services are ... no one, not even a president can pull the "wool over their eyes" so easily, can they ?

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »

I'm catching up with "My Brilliant Friend" that I had recorded several weeks ago.  It's wonderful.

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2019, 10:18:03 PM »

I watched the first season of "Big Little Lies" - not sure what I think so far.
"Stranger Things" is intense but good.
I have been watching the gardening series from BBC "Big Dreams Small Spaces" with Monty Don on Netflix. Love it.
I am looking forward to the new upcoming season "Survivor: Island of the Idols" in September.
Have loved watching the all-girl quintuplets growing up on "Outdaughtered."
I am still looking for something new, would love any suggestions! :waving;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »