I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  How to deal with constant Commercials on YouTube?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to deal with constant Commercials on YouTube?  (Read 1203 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« on: July 27, 2022, 11:35:19 AM »

Hello, are other people also becoming annoyed with the problem of enduring constant commercials on a film, documentary, movie etc. on YouTube?
Is there any way out or is the best way to ignore YouTube altogether and to "get back" to DVD’s again etc.?
I am slowly really getting exasperated about all these commercials about items I would not buy anyway, with or without commercials … and ... these days there are suddenly new commercials "popping up" every 5-10 minutes of a movie/film/documentary etc. and I wonder what to do about it? How do other people deal with this?
Many thanks from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 05:51:33 AM »

Does your local library have similar DVDs? Here in the US the library systems are strong in many areas and can be a great source of both modern DVDs covering blockbuster and more diverse eastern European movies and such.  For example: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/25/movies/compartment-no-6-review.html

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 02:35:02 PM »

Many thanks iolaire for your kind thoughts and the most interesting link. Here in the UK many public Libraries and Charity shops still have interesting DVD's to borrow and/or to buy ...
... and ... to be honest, I am at the moment not overly keen about eastern European movies, mainly because many contain some political messages etc. and I am taking at the moment a "rest from it all", but ... there is one most interesting Russian movie which I have watched for the first time years ago as a student and that is the life-story of the Russian Muscovite icon painter Andrei Rublev, who was born in the 1360s and died between 1427 and 1430 in Moscow... a most interesting and fascinating film/documentary, which also conveys that particular time in a most fascinating way ...
Many thanks again from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »