I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:12:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Look time no see
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Look time no see  (Read 2928 times)
deniferfer

My nickname is princess

« on: September 22, 2014, 01:00:15 AM »

Hey guys! Hope everyone is well! I'm here with my update on how I'm doing.  :)

I'm happy to report that I'm doing pretty good over all. My heart is showing some improvement. I went to our local zoo and I climb a flight of stairs and I wasn't short of breath!! That was awesome! Just had my pacemaker checked and all was looking great there. It has never so far has never had to be used ( knock on wood). :bow; I turned 33 and I don't care who knows it cuz I'm proud to say I am 33 and that I have out shined the doctor that said I would only be able to live on D 5 years. Well it been 16 years!! Anyway I had a awesome birthday my friend came in to visit and went to LA area. Getting to see Hollywood, learning the lovely LA freeways, getting to meet Okarol and Lori heartwel and finally Universal Studios. It was amazing to get to do that and learning how to travel on D and going to 2 different D centers and seeing how they did things. I learn some ideas I took back with me to my center! I have stared a support group at my center! I have had a hard time getting people to come to the meetings. It is a hit and miss. As you know I don't back down easily so I'm trying some different thing to get them interested. I know how much the support of this group has meant to me and when I met quite a few of you in Vegas over the last 2 years  I was like a kid in a candy store to be around others that understood me. I want wanted to give that to the people at my center.  So I'm not going to give up and I'm get it to take off! Well that's all the good news.  Now for the bad news. In July I had a graft placed. Right after it was placed I started to have problems. They used the catheter allowing the graft to heal and my hand would go numb and have extreme pain. I would have to cut my time short cuz I couldn't handle it. So the decision was made to remove the catheter and see if the graft to work on it own. We tried for about 2 weeks and could not get the speed past 250 and also I could barely handle those needles this was with the numbing it. Finally I saw the doctor for a check up and he said the graft had to be removed asap! The skin around where they placed it had died and I was at risk of losing my hand! That's why it was hurting and was cold. My heart was not able to supple enough blood to support both. It was due to my heart being enlarge. So just about 2 months they removed the bottom part of the graft and I have been slowly removing all the dead skin and healing. But my thumb, pointer and middle fingers are still numb and will take 6 months to come back. I am back on the catheter and for now I'm staying with that. I'm too scared to try again in my leg and I just want to heal up. But I'm  getting better and my hand is slowly coming back. It helps I'm right handed and it forces me not to baby it. This is just another challenge in my book.

Well I think you all are caught up now and know I'm hanging in there!!

Oh and also went to my 1st concert. My sister wouldn't be happyif I didn't tell you about this. One week ago I went to the wait for it...........One Dorection concert. My sis Jazzy bought the tickets and so I drove and we went together. It was experience. She had tickets all the way in the last row and when I tryied to walk up there it almost too much. So we to them and they gave us tickets about 50 feet from the stage. Woot kidney perks! I still had some steps to walk back up but I could handle that so much better. It was amazing to be in the middle of 60,000 girls scream and in love with those 5 boys! LOL

now I think I'm done.  :shy; 

1981-1995: Perfectly fine
1996: November, started feeling sick
1997: April, creatine at 17 and began dialysis    
1997: May Place on PD
2006: Had to replace PD tube
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »

Oh wow!  There was LOTs of news in that one post, so I'm really glad you've updated us so well!

One Direction!!!  I bet that was fun.  Yay for the kidney perks!  You should get something nice out of all of this.

You've been through so much, deniferfer, and I hope happier and healthier days are ahead of you.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 01:48:21 PM »

So happy to hear from you. Your sister was so helpful about keeping us posted, but it was good to hear from you. Stay healthy, get better and stay in touch with us.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Wat76

This Too Shall Pass

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 06:31:40 AM »

You are such an inspiration, may God continue to heal you and keep you and your family well.  Glad to know that you are doing so much better.

PKD: PD started in February 2011.
Live, Laugh and Love daily.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 02:00:18 AM »

Real good to hear you're keeping well. And the seat change at One Direction, sounds amazing.

Stay well my darling, lots of love to you, and your sister, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 06:26:38 AM »

You face your challenges with courage and grace! What an inspiration.  :cuddle;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »

You go girl!!!! :2thumbsup; :yahoo;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
lainiepop

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »

So happy you had a great birthday, sounds like tons of fun!!

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »