I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Do you live in an interesting and fascinating district ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you live in an interesting and fascinating district ?  (Read 2116 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« on: September 19, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »

I live in an interesting artistic district, home of many painters (Dante Gabriel Rossetti and Holbein),
writers (George Eliot ... Agatha Christie... and Oscar Wilde who lived in Tite Street) and many others,
composers like Bela Bartok, Benjamin Britten and artists like Edward Burne-Jones,
politicians like Winston Churchill and many eccentrics have been living here ...
... I love walking through the district to study people and houses and it is most fascinating...
...many houses are open to the public and it is fascinating to study people’s living facilities through the centuries...
... the house of the Carlisles is open to the public and belongs to the National Trust...
Every year there is a great garden flower show and through the year there are many art-exhibitions ...
.... and fascinating antique exhibition one can visit and study, in case "those numbers" come up one day and one is able to purchase....
... Charles II set up a home for the “Pensioners”, still in use today
... and the Pensioners  have certainly one of the most fascinating Dining Halls with paintings by Antonio Verrio
and further paintings by Lely and Kneller to study...
The district was also home to Charles Dickens and many other writers and poets like Dylan Thomas and Agatha Christie...
... James McNeill Whistler lived here and so did Scott of the Antarctic...
One of the priorities of the district is to display every year many exhibitions...
... art and music are a high priority on the agenda... with many concerts in Churches and Concert Halls for the public to enjoy...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »