I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:49:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Medicare/Insurance
| | |-+  Renvela generic ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Renvela generic ?  (Read 3573 times)
nursey66

« on: September 16, 2014, 06:22:42 AM »

Does anyone know if the generic Renvela , sevelamer carbonate is available ? I know it was supposed to be awhile ago , but it wasn't released for some reason. My hubby has hit the donute hole , he uses 300 of those a month , they are $1295.47 . The drug company kicks in for half, but that is still 615.35 a month !! When I was price checking with the ins. on line , it asked why we were not using generic . Any body know ? And the cost ?His Dialysis center gave him a coupon , but it's worthless if you have Medicare Part D. Go figure , private ins. can use it ! ESRD patients are the most needy , and can't use the coupon , as well as having the big ole Donut Hole !!!!
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:43:43 AM »

According to my computer RX that i use for practice generic Sevelamer is available. I would call around to a few major pharmacies to see if they carry it.

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
nursey66

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »

Our ins. plan has it listed on their website fomulary , too , but when I went to fill it , came in Brand only . I called the ins. co. , they said it was delayed due to a technical problem with the language ,or ingredients? . That was back in the spring when it was first to be released. I can only find articles & info about it on line up to April 2014, so I just wondered if anyone else had any luck. Seems like ithe generic just disappeared .!!
rocker

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:55:28 PM »

I have heard of the practice of large pharmaceutical companies paying generic manufacturers to not produce certain drugs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »