I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  The music in our lives
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The music in our lives  (Read 87706 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2015, 02:21:21 AM »

.... I am just listening on youtube to "Kamennoi Ostrow" played by Josef Lhevinne...
Josef Lhevinne is one of my favourite pianists and I have learned a lot from him because he not only had the "perfect touch"
but he had also the very best feeling for timing and tonality ... in short, he was not only one of the very the best pianists,
but one also can still learn such a lot from him by listening on Vinyl's (I have collected all the Vinyl's he produced) ... or on youtube ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2015, 09:38:27 PM »

Never get sick of listening to old 60/70 music

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
JW77

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »

A big fan of The Cat Empire, an Aus band with a message,  occasionally I'll randomly look at Unsignedbandweb or youtube for inspiration.

Depending on the mood, anything from Tubular Bells, to Queen, Nick Cave to Madonna, Classical Rock to Metallica and AC/DC

Meatloaf, Screamin J Hawkins and a few comedy musicians also feature in my collection:)

Creator of London Kidney Social: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonKidneySocial/

Medical stuff, includes 3 kidneys, cancer, meningitis, 1 heart attack and its long and not that interesting! Maybe one day I'll write a book.! `

I have an eclectic taste in music, I fly kites, I read, write, tog, blog and have a bit of a passion for multicellular eukaryotes, and kites.

Founder of Kites4Kidneys - Start making your kites for WKD 2015..
https://www.facebook.com/kites4kidneys
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2015, 02:08:26 AM »

Whilst enjoying my breakfast this morning I was listening to a wonderful LP,
with compositions by Vivaldi , Albinoni and Corelli-Concertos,
all directed by Raymond Leppard, who also plays the harpsichord. The record itself was recorded in 1970
and the tonality is absolutely perfect and it sounds as if the orchestra is in the room ...
The record-label "Music for Pleasure" certainly had the very best sound-engineers working for them
and amazingly, the LP hardly needed any cleaning, despite the fact that it "has been around" for over 45 years ...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:19:57 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
casper2636

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2015, 12:09:13 PM »

This probably is cheesey, but I get inspiration from Nickelback's "If today was your last day" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXIQQ8PeRs. The line "Every second counts, you don't get a second try..." gets me thinking about how to approach another day.
Gerald Lively

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2015, 12:03:55 PM »

"Pop, pop, fizz. fizz, Oh what a relief it is."

Hodgkin's Lymphoma - 1993
Prostate Cancer - 1994
Gall Bladder - 1995
Prostate Cancer return - 2000
Radiated Prostate 
Cataract Surgery 2010
Hodgkin's Lymphoma return - 2011 - Chemo
Renal Failure - 2011
Renal Function returned after eight months of dialysis - 2012
Hodgkin's Lymphoma returned 2012 - Lifetime Chemo

Human hopes and human creeds
have their roots in human needs.

Eugene Fitch Ware
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »

Charlie Drake 1812 Overture (courtesy of youtube)
One of my absolute favourite fun-films, just over nine minutes ...  :laugh:

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2015, 02:05:02 AM »

Just got THE BEATLES off spotify    WOO HOO

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
bjp81757

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2015, 05:45:18 AM »

"Love at the Five and Dime" Nanci Griffith. Sleepless night listening to music helps relax. If you haven't heard this remarkably talented woman, do yourself a favor and find it on YouTube.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2015, 08:12:40 AM »

I've just been listening to this...

http://www.superstarmagazine.com/watch-the-hauntingly-beautiful-cover-of-simon-garfunkels-the-sound-of-silence-by-disturbed/

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2015, 07:00:38 PM »

"Love at the Five and Dime" Nanci Griffith. Sleepless night listening to music helps relax. If you haven't heard this remarkably talented woman, do yourself a favor and find it on YouTube.
I could listen to her all nite. Love her.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »

http://www.superstarmagazine.com/watch-the-hauntingly-beautiful-cover-of-simon-garfunkels-the-sound-of-silence-by-disturbed/
Holy cow! That guy is scary looking! BUT...and I normally don't find myself saying this about Heavy Metal but what he has done with that song really grabbed me. WOW!! Love it! I don't know, never heard of this group before but I'm not much into Heavy Metal but, I detected some Kurt Cobain, Bono and even a hint of (go figure) Darius Rucker. I absolutely loved it. Thanks for sharing MM! Going to watch more youtubes tonite...lol   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:20:38 PM by PrimeTimer » Logged

I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2016, 06:03:17 PM »

Love these guys. They call themselves 2Cellos. Very very talented. They have definitely opened the door to a good future. I admit, I have never been interested in playing the cello but heck, even I would love to see these guys in concert. They are very entertaining. I imagine they are inspiring a lot of young people to learn to play. Awesome!

2Cellos   Enjoy!

Thunderstruck

https://youtu.be/uT3SBzmDxGk

AC/DC Song Highway To Hell

https://youtu.be/qfGggAGITwg

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2016, 11:04:50 AM »

Crikey !!! What a voice !!! He really means it !!!
... I do hope though, he grows out of this phase he is currently going through
and hopefully soon he stops hurting himself and takes away these (slavery?) rings all over his face...  :secret;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Fabkiwi06

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2016, 04:57:16 PM »

I've been in Nashville about 5 years now, and still have little to no knowledge about country music. So, I've been trying to learn more about the "Golden Era of the Opry" (50's-70's).

Just read Charlie Louvin's book - "Satan is Real". Don't let the title fool ya, it's not Satanic at all. So, to go along with that, I've started to listen to the Louvin Brothers during the day. Keep going back to Knoxville Girl.

surprise kidney failure - oct. 2015
emergency hemo - oct. 2015
switched to pd - dec. 2015
transplant list - apr. 2016
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2016, 01:46:44 AM »

Georg Philiipp Telemann (1681 - 1767) "Clavierbuechlein" (1953 Ed. Otto von Irmer) ... simply divine ...

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2016, 05:58:55 PM »

In the mood today for some John Forgerty and CCR. Love "Rock and Roll Girsl" and that yodel. Think of you, Charlie B53 when I watched the youtube to "Sweet Hitchhiker".  :sluff;

Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2016, 07:48:56 PM »

My (and my daughter Holly's) musical tastes run from Abba to Zebra...with some Killer Dwarfs thrown in for good measure.  :clap;

Music was a big part of my life growing up...and my daughter has taken after me.

My daughter loves One Republic...and I am fortunate to do business with the father of one of the members of the band....so Holly got to go back stage a few times...and sit in the row with family members of the band :)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:59:27 PM by Xplantdad » Logged

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
Xplantdad

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2016, 07:58:57 PM »

Here's a shadow box that I made for Holly for her birthday this year :)

I am going to switch out the autographed picture of the band....with the picture shown above  :thumbup;

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2016, 09:11:25 PM »

Here's a shadow box that I made for Holly for her birthday this year :)

I am going to switch out the autographed picture of the band....with the picture shown above  :thumbup;

Which picture above? A picture of Holly in it would probably look great, too. Just my  :twocents;

Xplantdad

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2016, 01:13:10 PM »

That's weird....I will have to update the picture when I get home :)

Xplantdad

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2016, 01:36:52 PM »

Looks like the picture is back....If not it's now attached here :)

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »

That picture would be excellent, Bruce! Maybe you'll find a way to fit both pics (the one with Holly & the band and the autographed one). They're a good band, thanks for sharing. Been watching their youtubes now.

Xplantdad

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2016, 09:22:57 PM »

I think that you are right, PT.

All of the members of the band can play multiple instruments..and they are the nicest "kids" around! Right now they are doing spur of the moment concerts...before the big tour starts up.  They are amazing live...which you can't say for most of today's bands! :guitar:

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2016, 01:48:29 PM »

Found me some Coffey Anderson and lovin it. Pssst....thanks Zach!

https://youtu.be/bHaYDRkx6e8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »