I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  The music in our lives
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The music in our lives  (Read 88425 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2019, 04:53:55 AM »

A very convincing peace song by Adamo and Maurane :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtosoG-Dx1w

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #326 on: October 21, 2019, 11:16:51 AM »

Very nice, Kristina.  She has a lovely alto!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2019, 01:44:41 AM »

Thank you MooseMom,

Maurane (Claudine Luypaerts) was born on 12 November 1960 in Ixelles, Brussels, to Guy-Philippe Luypaerts, a composer and director of Académie de Musique of Verviers, and Jeannie Patureaux, a piano teacher. She was a singer and actress and died on the 7th May 2018 (aged 57) in Schaerbeek, Belgium.

Salvatore (Knight) Adamo (originally born in Sicily 1. November1943), is a singer and composer, has dual citizenship of Italy and Belgium. In 2001, Adamo was raised into the Belgian nobility (with the motto Humblement mais dignement) by King Albert II and given for life the Belgian noble title Ridder, translated into English as "Knight". He was appointed an Officer of the Belgian Order of the Crown in 2002. In 2014, Adamo was honoured at Victoires de la Musique in France.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Marilee

Hubby was a PD Person - I was 'support'

« Reply #328 on: October 26, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »

Just sharing a little music video I published this week. I hope it brings a smile :) https://youtu.be/SocNI9kvh_c

As my hubby would say, "Don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you can."
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #329 on: October 27, 2019, 06:21:13 AM »

Very nice, I really enjoyed it.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #330 on: October 27, 2019, 09:33:06 AM »

Just sharing a little music video I published this week. I hope it brings a smile :) https://youtu.be/SocNI9kvh_c

Thank you Marilee for this great edit !
What surprised me most of all is that you and I could easily be sisters, because at that time we looked very much alike!
Your lovely edit brings back memories of our wedding in Gretna Green in Scotland, which took also place around that time.
Gretna Green is the first village in Scotland and has been used since the middle of the 18th century by "runaways" to marry over the anvil at the blacksmith's and is still being used by "runaways" to marry officially at the Registry Office, where usually a passer-by and/or a secretary at the registry office or similar act as their witnesses for the official part of their marriage and after that the newlyweds continue with their second wedding-ceremony over the anvil at the blacksmith's near the Registry Office, where they receive from the blacksmith the Gretna-Green-over-the-anvil-marriage-certificate. In the old days (midst 18th century) weddings were conducted for "runaways" only by the blacksmith over the anvil and at that time that alone was completely legal and could not be questioned by angry parents.
Many thanks again for this lovely edit, it brings back many happy memories !  :grouphug;

P.S. I have tried to show an example of the beautiful music they play in Gretna Green on their bagpipes ... but it did not work, unfortunately I could not transfer one of the new bagpipe-videos ...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:27:08 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #331 on: October 27, 2019, 10:24:08 AM »

I am very sorry that my input was edited again ...  :grouphug;...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:30:49 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Marilee

« Reply #332 on: October 27, 2019, 11:04:58 AM »

Oh, Kristina! Thank-you so MUCH for sharing the history of runaway weddings in Gretna Green. My folks' folks hail from Ireland and Wales - maybe that's why we look a bit similar? My actual sister is the blonde beside me in so many photos. She took after the Irish side (Mom with her red hair & green eyes) while I took after Dad (with the nearly-black hair). I have traveled to many countries for work, but never made it to the British Isles, and would sincerely love to visit some time.

Thanks so much for watching, listening and sharing :) .

As my hubby would say, "Don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you can."
Marilee

« Reply #333 on: October 27, 2019, 11:09:09 AM »

Paul - Thanks so much for watching, and I'm glad it was enjoyable.  :) :) :)

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #334 on: October 28, 2019, 11:45:15 AM »

Gosh, Marilee, your video has made me cry.  It was incredibly moving.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #335 on: November 16, 2019, 07:51:54 AM »

Tribute to Ludwig II of Bavaria, "The Swan King" or the eccentric "Fairy Tale King" (1845 - 1886) who succeeded to the throne at the age of 18 years and thought out, sketched, constructed and built the most wonderful castles i.e. Neuschwanstein Castle and he also sponsored the music etc. of Richard Wagner and died under mysterious circumstances in 1886.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHU7On8WKE
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 07:54:02 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #336 on: November 21, 2019, 10:23:16 AM »

André Rieu with his orchestra in Rome : Gabriel's Oboe by Ennio Morricone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0A8WoCqYg

P.S. Sorry about the commercials, tried very hard to do without, but unfortunately they are there all the same for us to endure ...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:32:41 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2019, 02:22:51 PM »

Sorry, it did not work, shall try another time again. :oops;

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 02:31:36 PM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Marilee

« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2019, 03:08:07 PM »

Oh, my goodness, I love "Nella Fantasia" and the Oboe. Thanks for the share, Kristina :)

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2019, 01:00:58 PM »

Many thanks Marilee and here are the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards playing "The Dark Island" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc40W1YLiR0
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:05:29 PM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Marilee

« Reply #340 on: January 01, 2020, 03:16:09 PM »

A new recording of mine, here is "Ocean Eyes": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vir7JvXrRA

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #341 on: January 02, 2020, 07:16:31 AM »

A new recording of mine, here is "Ocean Eyes": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vir7JvXrRA
That's nice, thanks for sharing.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2020, 02:17:12 AM »

... Thinking about "you know what"  etc. : Border reivers were raiders along the Anglo-Scottish border from the late 13th century to the beginning of the 17th century.

Their heyday was in the last hundred years of their existence (?), during the time of the House of Stuart in the Kingdom of Scotland and the House of Tudor in the Kingdom of England.

Their ranks consisted of both Scottish and English people, and they raided the entire Border country....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvpG4f03js

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention that England voted for Brexit whereas Scotland wishes to remain in the EU, so therefore  ...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:36:01 AM by kristina » Logged

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2020, 08:39:00 AM »

Many thanks Marilee. It is quite impressive. Did you sing and edit it all by yourself?

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Marilee

« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2020, 10:39:01 AM »

Thanks Iolaire and Kristina, for checking out my little video :D !

Yes, this is all a one-gal operation. I have this instrument, called a Qchord: I played and sang into the computer to create audio file. Then I found the imagery online and glued it all together with some video editing software. I still have so much to learn about audio balancing, volume levels, video transitions, color correcting and so much more - it's a nifty hobby that I can do right here in the front room while hubby is sleeping :) .

The song is not one I would have chosen - another musician online suggested I learn it - so this forced me outside my 'comfort zone' and gave me more opportunities to try new things.

Music: I love what music can be.

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2020, 11:04:54 AM »

Congratulations Marilee, this is just wonderful and the result is stunning!

All the best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2020, 12:02:45 PM »

That's really quite lovely, Marilee.  Thank you!  A true artist is always eager to get outside her comfort zone and learn new ways to express herself through music.  You've done well here!

Marilee

« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2020, 01:40:46 PM »

Oh, thank-you MooseMom and Kristina!

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #348 on: January 10, 2020, 02:23:45 PM »

Reinhard Mey: No, I'll not give u my sons / Nein meine Söhne gebe ich nicht english subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbkUEPWJkqc

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »

I've loved "Bollywood" (films made in India) films for many years.  I love the epic stories with the dancing, the singing and the beautiful costumes.  We have to travel about half an hour to find a cinema that regularly shows the newest films released in the US.

So, imagine my surprise when a local cinema in my little city waaaaay in the western 'burbs of Chicago started devoting one screen (out of 18) to Indian films!  I couldn't believe it!  We have spent most of the past weekend watching the two films on offer.  Both were, as is the custom, about 3 hours long.  It was such fun.

The film we saw yesterday is in Telugu, the dominant language spoken in the south east of India.  As is also the custom, there was an epic fight scene at the end, where the good guy singlehandedly defeats a small army of baddies, accompanied by a song that has just one vocalist, and it was awesome!

So, for something just a little bit different, here is that song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QNW3guTYU8&fbclid=IwAR3z3NY-y8L8Uzc9IeDL5wnBfvI4sMkXECxp6xdIBzjNmZTGZrxZpCNDyew

P.S.  I have no idea what the lyrics are in English.  "Take THAT, you dastardly fiend.", or "I can fight and smoke a cigarette at the same time because I'm so cool."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:18:32 PM by MooseMom » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »