I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Book about Disneyland
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book about Disneyland  (Read 3376 times)
Whamo
Elite Member

« on: July 02, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »

"Disneyland Dad" tells the story of a Disney Geek from Day One, back in 1955, when Disneyland opened, to the present day.  It's my story.  It's not available yet, but it should soon be on ITUNES.  It's 50 pages and $5.  I've signed the IBOOKS contract with Apple, sent them the copy in a proper IBOOK layout template, and I'm just waiting for them to approve it.  Since I'm on dialysis 11 hours a day, I can't work, but I get the satisfaction of work by writing.  Work gives me a purpose, direction, and self-esteem.  I'm not counting on making much money from writing, but eventually, who knows?  I actually feel lucky in away to have the time and opportunity to spend time researching, writing, and learning more about writing.  I have some screenplays I'm going to convert to the non-fiction mode, and publish, once I get this first project on the market.  I have one about my wild college dorm life in the early 70's, and one for brown shoe" boot camp in the Army during the summer at Fort Polk, Louisiana.   I'm going to call that one "Fort Puke", a term of endearment soldiers have for that humid jungle that prepared Vietnam era grunts for battle.

EDITED: Moved to correct topic.  Rerun, Admin.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:15:50 AM by Rerun » Logged
Pod99966

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »

That sounds awesome. I will definitely pick up a copy. I'm still new to dialysis so I'm trying to find that thing that gives my life a sense of purpose. Good Luck!!!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 08:06:17 PM »

That is great Whamo.  I don't have an Itunes account but I have Barns and Noble?  This is a good thing you are doing.

I just saw Saving Mr. Banks and after that I realized I'd never seen Mary Poppins!  So I have that coming from Netflix. 

:thumbup;

Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 06:33:33 AM »

That Lincoln they use in "Saving Mrs. Banks" was salvaged by my neighbor in San Bernardino.  I'm still waiting on IBOOKS to okay my book.  I need to have a Pro do the formatting and book cover.  So far I haven't invested much money into it.  I've been busy with other bills:  solar energy; car repairs, and rental property maintenance.  I"d like to find a pro I can trust.  There are too many charlatans that charge too much for editing, design, and marketing.  Since Disneyland turns 60 next summer I want to prepare a marketing program timed to ride that wave.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »

I think that is absolutely very admirable and I hope to get a copy . Thanks for sharing.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »

:yahoo; We love Disneyland! Good luck getting your book published!!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »

I'm going to get some help from Bookbaby.com.  That way I'll be able to publish it on other sites than just IBOOKS.  I was in surgery all day yesterday for skin cancer.  My dermatologist cut off the scab on the top of my head, put a specimen in a slide, looked at it, and went back in to cut some more.  Once she finished one lesion she bumped into another one, and she cut that one out too.  She did a total of five cuts, and then she used about 20 stitches to close up the hole.  It was so gnarly looking!  The hole was three inches by 1 inch.  My wife sent photos of it all to my friends by email.  I went to the hospital at 8AM and left about 4PM.  That was a long day!   I hate to take antibiotics, but she gave me 3 weeks of them.  She also gave me 3 days worth of morphine.  I needed it because my headache was epic.   I can't imagine how bad things would be if I didn't have healthcare. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »