I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What to eat???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What to eat???  (Read 2860 times)
Pod99966

« on: July 01, 2014, 04:41:58 PM »

Labs are done for another month...

Time to eat bad :yahoo;

Here's the question: If you could have one meal to eat, with no regrets, what would it be. And since we are dreaming... throw in your favorite dessert. ;)
Ninanna

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:25:18 PM »

I had a boyfriend that took me to this really expensive Italian place in Manhattan, and the pasta was the best I've ever had. So I'll take that along with some red wine!

Maybe for desert a lava cake with ice cream.

A close second is the Pad Ke Mao from a local Thai place...so yummy!

Spring 2006 - Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy
June 2013 - Listed on transplant list
Feb 4th 2014 - Kidney and bone marrow tx (both from my mother) as part of a clinical trial at Hopkins
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »

My grandmother's fried chicken, fresh corn on the cob with lots of butter and potato salad.  Sweet tea to wash it down.

Dessert would be her eclair dessert (a sheet pan of puff pastry, filled with pastry cream and topped with chocolate). 

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:58:40 AM »

Homemade Lasagna with a nice side salad, a few warmed garlic bread sticks, and for dessert, a strawberry rhubarb pie.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:00:48 AM »

I'm with Jean on that Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie.  That's always been one of my favorites, still slightly warm from the oven and a small scoop of REAL vanilla ice cream on top.  Non of that low-fat ice milk.  I'm talking real cream ice cream, the kind with so much fat it doesn't seem to get too hard in most freezers.  Mmmmmm!

The rest of the meal is easy.  Harry J's Steakhouse in Moscow Mills, Missouri.  Saturday night they have THE best Prime Rib, minimum 18 ounces once you trim the fat off, thick cut, blackened crisp just on the outer edge, juicy red insides.  Baked sweet potato alongside, blackened skin, tender, smothered in real butter, dusted with brown sugar.  Dinner salad, ranch dressing.

I take the wife there once or twice a year.  Would go more often if we could afford it, but then I'd have to buy bigger pants and belt as my butt would soon grow to big, again.

I'm down to 260 with a fresh bag of dialysate in me.  Still a ways to go yet.  Give me another year, or two, we'll see.
Pod99966

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 08:27:10 AM »

For you pie lovers, this is the pie menu where my wife works. The smells bring me to my knees when I pick her up from work.

http://www.yodersrestaurant.com/images/Yoders%20DM%202012-2013%20pies.pdf
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »

Charley, when it comes to Prime Rib, I could literally eat it until I   :puke; and then eat more.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
dublin

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »

Labs are done for another month...

Time to eat bad :yahoo;

Here's the question: If you could have one meal to eat, with no regrets, what would it be. And since we are dreaming... throw in your favorite dessert. ;)
hahahaha very good indeed i like your thinking   :rofl; , hope you are well
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 03:34:56 AM »

If I had one very special meal, it would have to be at the little Restaurant at Lake Como in Italy ...
... Whilst travelling as a student, I felt hungry and there was this little place run by a family with a house directly on the lake.
I had to wait for a while, because nothing was prepared and the family cooked and baked everything fresh...
The Pizza was the best I have ever tasted and I had one little glass of their home-made red wine with it
and I had never tasted such a wine either: it tasted like wonderful thick grape-juice... very delicious ...
... This would be the place for me to have a very special meal again...
... Thinking about it, I can say that as soon as my (lottery) numbers comes up I won't think twice where to celebrate...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:36:24 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »